Let your customers subscribe to your newsletter/s as they checkout with their purchase.
- If you have more than one newsletter list, customers can select which list to subscribe when making a purchase.
- Double Opt-in.
- Decide if the checkbox/s to subscribe is checked or un-checked.
- Place the subscription fields on the checkout page where you want them to be.
- Custom checkbox label.
If you would like to translate the plugin, you can do so via Transifex.
Support for MailPoet and it’s extensions is provided at support.mailpoet.com
Contribute on GitHub
The Woo logo and the WooCommerce name are trademarks of Automattic Inc. No affiliation or endorsement of this plugin by Automattic is intended or implied.
Installing “MailPoet WooCommerce Add-on” can be done either by searching for “MailPoet WooCommerce Add-on” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Setting up the Plugin
To setup this plugin, go to “WooCommerce -> Settings” and then the MailPoet tab. The settings are in two sections. ‘General | Available Lists’
“General” contains the main settings for the plugin.
“Available Lists” contains a table listing of all your created lists. Select the lists you want your customers to subscribe to by ticking the checkbox next to the list and press ‘Save changes’.
That’s it, now when your customers tick the subscribe checkbox on the checkout page, they will be subscribed to the newsletter/s you selected when processing an order.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
- Q1. Can I place the subscription field/s anywhere?
A1. Yes you can. Simply select the “Subscription Position” you want and the fields will be placed there for you.
- Q2. I need to double opt-in my customers to send a confirmation email. Do you have this option?
A2. Yes we do and it is enabled by default.
- Q3. Can my customers select which lists they wish to subscribe to?
A3. Yes they can. Simply set the “Multi-Subscription” option to “Yes”. Then on the “Available Lists” select the lists your customers can select from.
- Q4. Will this extension work with MailPoet 3.0?
A4. Once MailPoet 3.0 is available we will provide support in this extension to make sure they are compatible.
Does exactly what you need: A newsletter signup form at checkout with just the right customization options.
Nothing less and nothing more, what I appreciate 🙂
Works like a charm and the support is hands down amazing! 🙂 Couldn’t recommend it higher, keep up the amazing work guys! 1A++++
Thanks, works really well.
Contributors & Developers
“MailPoet WooCommerce Add-on” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
v3.0.2 – 10/11/2015
- Added another check if logged in user is subscribed for function – on_process_order(). This fixes an issue when a returning customer who is already subscribed places another order.
- Moved subscription check and applied it to both single and multi subscriptions methods. This fixes the ability to order without subscribing and re-order if a previous customer.
v3.0.1 – 07/11/2015
- Corrected incorrect text domain for loading the language files.
v3.0.0 – 06/11/2015
- Compatible – WooCommerce v2.3 and up.
- Added – Customers can now select which newsletter to subscribe to.
- Added – Double Opt-in option to send a confirmation email.
- Added – Option to have the checkbox/s checked or un-checked.
- Added – Option to place the subscription fields on the checkout page were you want.
- Added – If customer has already subscribed, don’t show the subscription field/s on the checkout page.
- Fixed – Default checkbox label is no longer left blank.
- Improved – The overall code of this plugin.
- Updated – Much improved localization copy.
v2.0.2 – 14/02/2015
- Fixed fatal error conflict with WooCommerce v2.3.3
v2.0.1 – 25/03/2014
- Added – Arabic language.
- Corrected – If function ‘mailpoet_lists’ is already defined, then don’t load again.
- Removed – Translation of the brand name ‘MailPoet’ only.
- Updated – POT file.
- Updated – Plugin Update Information filter
v2.0.0 – 11/03/2014
- Updated – Code structure.
- Updated – POT file.
- Updated – Read me file.
- Now Supports – WooCommerce v2.0 and up, v2.1 and up.
v1.0.3 – 03/03/2014
- Added – Greek, Portuguese and Russian languages.
v1.0.2 – 07/01/2014
- Corrected – Default source language from en_GB to en_US, now both UK and US language is available.
- Renamed – ‘lang’ folder to ‘languages’.
- Added – mailpoet-woocommerce-addon.pot file.
- Updated – Read me file.
v1.0.1 – 04/01/2014
- Added – Turkish language.
- Updated – ReadMe file.
v1.0.0 – 20/12/2013
- Initial Version.