Mack’s MLB Baseball News Feed plugin incorporates an external RSS news feed into a cool looking Flash news feed. The feed moves from bottom to top, with a nice MLB Baseball graphic, followed by headlines and stories. You can click on a story title or summary to see the actual page where it is posted. You can also edit the width and height of the plugin to suit your needs. Finally, you can select how many articles you want to appear in the feed: 1 to 10.
Relevant Keywords: mlb, baseball, major league baseball, world series, penant race, baseball scores, mlb scores, mlb results, baseball results, mlb news, baseball news, sports, sporting news, USA baseball
A variety of news is available, including:
- Latest MLB League News
- Individual Player News
- Trades/Contract Updates
- MLB Rumors
- MLB Gossip, Chat
- Spring Training Schedules
- Game Results
- Penant Chase Updates
- All-Star Candidates
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
macks-mlb-news-feeedfolder to the
- Go to you plugins’ control panel and then click “Activate” to turn the plugin on.
- Then, visit your “settings” control panel (on the lower left hand side of your blog for WP versions 2.9+ ) where you will see a link for “Mack’s MLB Baseball News Feed”. Click this link and then edit the settings as you like them.
- Finally visit your Appearance->Widgets menu where you can put the plugin output in your sidebar where you want.
- Who can help me out?
Email: email@example.com . No spam please.
- How many articles can I display?
You can display between 1 and 10 articles, 10 being the maximum our feed contains.
- How do I resize the plugin output on my sidebar?
Visit your Settings menu and click “Mack’s MLB Baseball News Feed”, and then edit the size and width to your requirements.
- Can I change the Feed’s Colors?
Not at this time, although we will work hard to make improvements that will address this concern.
- How do I turn off the Dashboard News Section?
There are two ways. 1) Go to your dashboard and find the bottom of the news menu, then click the “X” button. Reload your page using your browser’s “reload” button, and the feed will be permanently removed (unless you want it back 🙂 ). 2) You can also remove the feed within your “Mack’s MLB Baseball News Feed” control panel.
- Gee, I liked the Dashboard News, how do I turn it back on or activate it again?
Hurray! Go to “Mack’s MLB Baseball News Feed” control panel and scroll towards the bottom of the page. You will see drop-down menu with options “Yes” or “No” to display the feed. Simply select “Yes” and then click “Save Settings”, and the feed will return. Note, the dropdown menu defaults to showing “Yes”, but if you’ve already deactivated the dashboard news feed, the feed won’t display.
Contributors & Developers
“Mack's MLB Baseball News Feed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
This is the first version of many to come.