This plugin creates a widget area (placed right after the opening body tag), a social media icon widget (with link information and URLs), and a dashboard admin section to configure the style and other options (including top/left position, background, rounded corners, opacity, flat icons, open links in new tabs, and more).
A user can enter their social media profile URL’s into the widget and have a link to them displayed with the sites favicon and or font awesome’d logo.
Now using font awesome!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enable the plugin in the plugins admin section
- Move Social Media Icons widget into the new widget area Social Media Area
- What is the name of the widget?
Social Media Widget
- I clicked activate but it is not working…
Enable the plugin in the plugins admin section, Move Social Media Icons widget into the new widget area Social Media Area.
- My custom social media icons do not have styles, how do I enter them?
You must add the CSS manually for custom background icons.
- I have changed my theme but cannot see the social media icons?!
Don’t worry; go into the widget section, put your social media icons widget back into place, add links, admin options will not be changed.
Contributors & Developers
“LowerMedia WP Social” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors