Automatically adds a longdesc attribute to your images when you insert them into the post body if a description has been written. A page will be created that shows the information that you typed into the description field of your image as well as a link back to the place in the document where the reader left off.
You can create a custom template in your theme’s folder to further style the Long Description page. I would suggest creating a copy of the longdesc-template.php file from this plugin in your active theme (or child theme) and reworking it to fit your needs.
- Unzip the package and upload to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Log into WordPress and navigate to the “Plugins” panel.
- Activate the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Long Description” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Refactor most of the code.
- Escape all output.
- load_plugin_textdomain() added.
- longdesc_return_anchor() added.
- longdesc-template.php added.
- Support for theme files added.
- Return to Article functionality added.
- No loner using wp-admin/admin-ajax.php as delivery method.
Now using both wp_ajax_longdesc and wp_ajax_nopriv_longdesc.
- Changed action from wp_ajax_longdesc to wp_ajax_nopriv_longdesc.
- Original Release – Works with WordPress 3.0.1.