Login site icon is a simple way to brand your site’s WordPress login screen. Rather than the WordPress mark, linked to WordPress.org, the site icon is used and linked to the site’s home page. The site icon is used rather than the logo theme feature because it is already a square image, and the login screen is designed to use a square image here. If you already have a site icon set up, this plugin will work automatically as soon as it’s activated.
Re-branding the login screen slightly can reduce confusion for users that have (or use) multiple WordPress sites, as well as improving contributor understanding for sites with a large number of contributors. Note that site icons must be square and that their primary purpose is to be used as browser and device icons. However, this plugin provides a convenient way to make use of the icon in another context.
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin installer, or,
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- If you haven’t set up your site icon yet, go to Customize -> Site Identity to do so
Where are the options?
There are no options. To change your site icon, go to the core “Site Identity” section in the Customizer. The current site icon will be displayed on the login screen whenever this plugin is active.
Contributors & Developers
“Login Site Icon” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Login Site Icon” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Switch title attribute to text filter added in WordPress 5.2.
- First publicly available version of the plugin.