WordPress Login Logo Editor is a plugin that easily lets you edit the form and logo shown when logging into your WordPress site. WordPress Login Logo Editor allows you to edit:
- The image above the login form on your WordPress site.
- The URL that a user gets directed to when the logo is clicked. By default you are directed to http://wordpress.org.
- The title text that appears when your mouse hovers over the login logo. By default this text says Powered by WordPress.
- Style the login window with custom CSS.
- Download archive and unzip in wp-content/plugins or install via Plugins – Add New.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- What is the best way to add a new WordPress login logo?
This plugin now allows you to select an image from your Media Library, upload an image from your computer, or enter a URL to an image elsewhere.
- The image I uploaded, or selected from my Media Library does not show as the login logo
Make sure you click on the Save Changes button towards the bottom of the screen for any changes to take effect.
- What dimensions should my WordPress Login Logo be?
The image file should be 548 px wide and 126 px tall for WordPress versions prior to 3.8. For 3.8+, please use an image file with dimensions of 80px wide and 80 px tall.
- Does my WordPress Login Logo have to be uploaded to my WordPress site?
No. You can use this plugin to point to an image file on another website if you want to. For example, if you have an image uploaded to a cloud storage site or if you run multiple websites, you can use the image file’s URL on that site to display the image as long as the other (third party) site allows it. Some sites may not want you to link directly to files on their servers, so it is best to check with them first to make sure you are not violating any of their terms.
- What other settings can I change?
You can change the following settings in your WordPress Dashboard by clicking Settings > Login Logo:
* The image used as your login logo.
* The URL that your login logo directs you to when it is clicked.
* The Title text that displays when you hover your mouse over the login logo.
* Custom styles for the login page. Using CSS, you can edit the background, fonts, and other settings. If you are unfamiliar with CSS, simply leave this section blank.
- Can I translate this plugin?
Sure! Once you have translated it, let me know and I’ll be sure to get your translation included in the next update.
Now I use a proper logo image and I have a place to tweak the CSS, so my login page looks as it should!
Simple to use but the logo is too small could be as large as 312 px with a flexible height
Contributors & Developers
“Login Logo Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Minor updates
- Update WP 4.0 compatibility
- Added ability to use a logo from either the media library, uploaded from your computer, or by manually entering a URL to an image stored on another website.
- Added translation support.
- Minor updates
- Updated compatibility with WordPress 3.8.
- Bug Fix.
- Initial release.