Adds support for local avatars for your users so you don’t have to use Gravatar. You can also redirect all Gravatar requests to a local avatar.
- Adds support for local avatars for authors so that you dont need to use an Gravatar account
- Option to redirect all Gravatar requests to a local avatar to improve performance and privacy
- Install plugin.
- (optional) Go to user profiles to tick local avatars and enter a URL to you personal avatar.
- (optional) Go to user profiles to enter other informations about the author.
- (optional) Go to “Settings” -> “Local Avatars” to setup global settings.
- Download the plugin (.zip file) on your hard drive.
- Unzip the zip file contents.
- Upload the local-avatars-by-nocksoft folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin in the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Make a few settings (see section “Setup” on this page).
How can I change the avatar for my user?
You have two options. Either through Gravatar, or you can specify a local image in your user profile settings. This setting can be made separately for each user.
How can I completely disable Gravatar?
You can do this in the global settings og this plugin.
Where can I make settings for this plugin?
You can adjust settings in the user profile settings and in the global settings under “Settings” -> “Local Avatars”.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Local Avatars by Nocksoft” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Local Avatars by Nocksoft” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Local Avatars by Nocksoft” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First release