To use Loading Page with Loading Screen on your website, simply activate the plugin. If you wish to modify any of the default options, go to the plugin's Settings. They can be found either by going to Settings > Loading Page on your WordPress dashboard, or by going to Plugins; a link to Settings can be found in the plugin description.
The Loading Page with Loading Screen setup is divided in two sections: the first one is dedicated to the activation and setup of the loading screen, and the second to the delayed loading of the images that are not shown immediately ( images that require on-page scrolling in order to be seen).
Loading Screen Setup
The setup options for the loading screen are:
- Enable loading screen: activates preloading of images and displays a loading screen while the webpage is loading.
- Display the loading screen once per session: display the loading screen only once per session.
- Display loading screen only in: displays a loading screen only on homepage, all pages, or specific pages or posts. In the last case the IDs of pages or posts should be separated by comma symbol ","
- Exclude the loading screen from: excludes the loading screen from pages or posts whose IDs are entered separated by comma symbol ","
- Select the loading screen: allows to choose a loading screen. The premium version of plugin include multiple loading screens.
- Select background color: allows to select the background color for your loading screen compatible with the design guidelines of your website.
- Select images as background: allows to display an image as loading screen background, the image can be displayed tiled or centered.
- Display image in fullscreen: allows to adjust the background image in fullscreen mode.
- Select foreground color: Allows to select the color of the graphics and texts that display the loading progress information.
- Apply the effect on page: Display the page's content with an animation after complete the loading process.
- Display loading percent: Shows the percentage of loading. The loading percent is calculated in function of images in the page.
Lazy Loading Setup (in premium version only)
The options to set up Lazy Loading and increase the WordPress performance are:
- Enable lazy loading: Enables the delayed loading of images outside of the current viewing area of the user improving the rendering time of complete page.
- Select the image to load by default: Choose an image to be shown as a placeholder of the actual images, the loading of which will be delayed. It's recommended the selection of a light image to increase the WordPress performance.