This plugin uses Flickr API to import comments from you Flickr photostream
photos to a post of your choice in your WordPress Blog. It additionally
imports the Flickr Avatar Icons and displays them as appropriate.
The Live Flickr Comment Importer Plugin features
- Uses the Flickr API via the excellent phpFlickr class
- Can automatically detect Flickr photos embedded in the post.
- Can also use a custom field in the post to import comments thus your Photos and posts need not have the same title
- Comments on multiple photos can be imported in a single post
- Also imports the flickr user icons / avatars
- The comments are imported whenever anyone sees a post where comments are to be imported
- Allows import of even the old comments
- Can cache the results of flickr API
- Show thumbnails in comments
- Allow disallow HTML in comments
- Exclude certain pictures using custom field
- Favorites can also be imported as comments optionally
- Upload the folder ‘live-flickr-comment-importer’ into your to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To configure plugin options start by clicking on ‘Configuration Page’
link near plugin name or ‘Settings’ -> ‘Live Flickr Comment Importer’
- You will have to enter and your flickr API key for this plugin to work.
Flickr API key can be got from http://www.flickr.com/services/apps/create/apply/
- For caching of Flickr API results and thus in turn a better performance
ensure that your plugin directory must be writable by webserver.
- Follow the instructions given on the configuration page on how to
import comments into a post
Contributors & Developers
“Live Flickr Comment Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added https to the phpflickr class, the plugin should work now.
- Added the latest phpflickr class
- Recoded the options page according to Settings API, with some small tweaks to the UI
- Added option for importing favorites as comments, This option intelligently tries to merge favs and comments by the same person into a single comment
- Added option for Comment Prefix
- Added setting to allow or disallow HTML in imported comments
- Added setting to allow or disallow thumbnails in imported comments. Can be overridden by custom field
- Added new custom field flickr_exclude_id to exclude comments from certain pictures
All above added on suggestions from Tom Allen of http://tom.ride-earth.org.uk/
- Work around for some themes not passing the comment object to get_avatar, should work in all themes irrespective
- Bug fix for comments not in correct order
- Display of comment thumbnail configurable by post custom field ‘flickr_show_thumnail’. Set to 1 to show thumbnails. Off by default
- Added custom field to prevent comments from being imported ‘flickr_dont_import’. Set to 1 to prevent comment importing
- Workaround code for comments getting duplicated
- A couple of bug fixes
- Multiple comma separated ids can be put in custom field
- Small thumnail of the picture added to comments
- Fixed a bug with custom field not working.
- Fixed a bug in API key saving routine.
- Added code to allow importing of comments from multiple photos in a single post
- Imported comments show a small thumbnail of the photo for which the comment is
- Changed the name of phpflickr class to t_phpflickr so that it plays well with other plugins using the phpflickr class
- Added code to try and extract Flickr Id from the URL of photos embedded
- First release