What are the system requirements?
We've designed and tested the Live Editor WordPress plugin for use with WordPress version 3.5 or newer.
PHP 5+ with the cURL extension is required.
For browser support, see our system requirements.
You also need an active Live Editor account.
Can I use the Live Editor WordPress Plugin without a Live Editor account?
No. You must have an active Live Editor account to use this WordPress plugin.
Why should I trust Live Editor with my assets' URLs on my website?
Here are the key reasons:
- You can export your data and files at any time. We believe that you should own and control your data. The export file generated by Live Editor contains a folder structure that is easy to deploy on your own web server if you ever wish to self-host your files.
- If you use a custom domain or subdomain with Live Editor, then you have full control over your asset URLs too. With this in place, you can export your files and host them on your own web server if you wish, same URLs intact.
- Live Editor is hosted on durable, secure, and reliable servers provided by Amazon Web Services. Specifically, all files uploaded to Live Editor are stored on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).
How stable is the Live Editor service?
We are still in beta, but so far we have had few issues with uptime. We are still collecting data about the reliability of Live Editor and will share them as soon as we can.
Live Editor is hosted on durable, secure, and reliable servers provided by Amazon Web Services. Specifically, all files uploaded to Live Editor are stored on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).
Will the Live Editor product still be around tomorrow?
Here are the facts that we can share with you honestly:
- You can export all of your data and files at any time that you wish. We believe that you should own and have full control over all of your data. You're not needlessly locked in to our platform.
- We're a small company trying to make a big difference for your content management needs.
- We are bootstrapping our company without accepting any outside investments, and we've aimed to stay debt-free from day one.
- We're not interested in selling out to larger technology companies. We've seen acquired companies burn their customers in the past.
- We will provide you with 6-months' notice if Live Editor's services would need to end for whatever reason. We'd hope for the same in return from our own service providers!
We're honored to be asked about Live Editor's longevity because we know that it means that you care.