The Link to Your Content plugin gives you more control over how you link text or images to the content (real reach with the name I know) on your WordPress single and multi-site installs. Content such as:
- Custom Post Types (optional)
- Taxonomies (optional)
- Media (everything not in documents and images)
- External Links (web sites or email addresses)
- Search! (Its been started and it is coming, I promise)
- New look and feel. (Otherwise know as a ground up rewrite for version 2.0)
- Add to list per user feedback. (New translations are always welcome)
- Download and extract the plugin files
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- View the settings page to turn on the ability to link to custom post types, taxonomies and across a multi-site if network enabled
- Where is the icon to create the link?
The icon is on the far right of the top row of the rich text editor and looks like a piece of paper with a chain link on it.
- I clicked on the icon and the popup window closed, what gives?
In order to create the link you have to first highlight the text you want to link to your content.
Contributors & Developers
“Link to Your Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Minor bug fix for anyone using custom roles.
- Minor bug fixes for WP3.9+ users
- PHP 5.4 compatibility updates
- Minor bug fixes
- Readme updates
- Updated tinyMCE plugin to work better with 4.x.
- Added the ability to link images to your content, requires WP 3.9+.
- Stable, tested, and minimum requirements have been updated.
- Spelling mistakes have been corrected.
- Function names have been updated to make more sense.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Minor style updates.
- Everything has been properly set up to allow for translations.
- Spanish language translation added thanks to Andrew Kurtis at WebHostingHub
- Dutch language translation added thanks to Renée
- Compatibility update for WordPress 3.6, updating instances of .live with .on for newer versions of jQuery.
- Compatibility update for WordPress 3.5 including proper usage of $wpdb->prepare().
- Added in the new media tab which contains all the content in the Media Library not already displayed under documents or images.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the wrong document/image links being created.
- Updated the way the links are created to alleviate an issue with linking a full line in IE.
- Changed the default link title to be the text that was selected.
- Added in the ability to create external links, http:// and mailto:
- Fixed a bug with the link target drop down and title input.
- Set default link target to be in the same window.
- New screenshots to reflect new functionality.
- Added in a user configurable pagination option.
- Updated for WordPress 3.3 with a fix for working with custom post types and custom taxonomies created with a plugin on a multi-site network.
- Fixed an issue with linking to posts and pages in certain versions of IE.
- Fixed an issue that was causing problems on network activation.
- Initial public release of the plugin.