A Multisite Network plugin to add Network->Settings to limit, or disable, the number of post revisions and set the post autosave interval.
I based the default plugin values for the constants AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL and WP_POST_REVISIONS on the discussion here: http://wpmututorials.com/how-to/managing-autosavepost-revisions/
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin to your blog, Network Activate it
- Go to Network Admin->Settings to set “Post Revisions” and “Autosave Interval”.
- Do I need this plugin if I have WP_POST_REVISIONS and AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL defined in my wp-config.php? No.
- Will this plugin delete existing post revisions? No. It defines the constant WP_POST_REVISIONS and WordPress takes care of the rest.
- Should I set the Autosave Interval to 0? No, I recommend 300, the WP default is 60.
Contributors & Developers
“Limit Post Revisions Network Option” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WP 4.6 tests OK, cleanup php notices