The Like Box Widget for Facebook (developed by WebpageFX), allows you to add a Facebook Like Box to you WordPress site. You can set the width and height of the widget to fit in virtually any template. You can also set the number of connections you wish to show along with enabling your most recent Facebook posts.
Please note that the SOAP package will need to be installed on your host server. This is most likely already installed if you are hosting your WordPress site with a commercial host. But if you experience problems or errors related to SOAP calls, please double check with your hosting provider.
- Login to your WordPress site
- Go to “Plugins -> Add New”
- Click on the “Upload” link
- Browse to where you downloaded the “Like Box Widget for Facebook” zip file and then click “Install Now”
- Depending on your WordPress site configurations you may need to provide your FTP server credentials
- Once the install has completed, Activate the plugin
- Go to “Appearance -> Widgets”
- Find the “Like Box Widget for Facebook” widget in your list of available widgets and drag it to where you would like it to appear on your site
- Provide your Facebook profile ID and configure your settings to your preferences.
- click the “Save” button
That’s it! Refresh your website and you should now see your very own Facebook Like Box being displayed.
Contributors & Developers
“Like Box Widget for Facebook” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
First stable release