Use this plugin when you want to display a list of recent YouTube videos from a
channel or playlist in your site’s sidebar.
This plugin is a fork of Aleksandar Urošević’s YouTube
Channel. This plugin is much
more lightweight and does only have a subset of YouTube Channel’s features.
The videos are each only presented with a thumbnail, and optionally also its
title and/or description. Clicking a thumbnail takes the user to the video’s
page on YouTube. This results in a much smaller codebase and no additional
front-end dependencies. The original plugin, YouTube Channel by Aleksandar
(jQuery, FitVids.JS and
Magnific Popup), which
potentially makes the whole WordPress site both slower to load and use.
- Display latest videos from YouTube channel, favorites or playlist.
- Option to get random videos from resources mentioned above.
- The videos are displayed with a thumbnail.
- Clicking a thumbnail takes the user to the video’s page on YouTube.
- Custom caching timeout.
You can use the
style.css from your theme to style the widget’s content.
.youtube_channel– Main widget wrapper class (non-responsive block has
default, responsive block has additional class
.ytc_title– Class of video title above thumbnail.
.ytc_video_container– Class of a single item’s container wrapper.
.ytc_video_2, … – Class for the container of a single
item where the number is the item’s placement in the list.
.ytc_video_first– Class of the first item’s container.
.ytc_video_last– Class of the last item’s container.
.ytc_video_mid– Class of all other containers.
.ytc_description– Class for video description text.
The full source code of the plugin can be found on Github at
- Upload the plugin’s directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add the widget to one of your theme’s widget areas.
- Who should I direct support questions to?
Daniel Jonsson. Aleksandar Urošević has not been involved in this fork.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Lightweight YouTube Channel Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release