- Automatically downloads and adds the file to the media library.
- After the uploading is successful, you are redirected to the edit screen
- Once the bookmarklet is installed you don’t even need to copy and paste a url (just navigate to the url and select the bookmark).
- Upload the entire
lh-add-media-from-urlfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Media->Add from Url to add media via url or use the bookmarklet.
What is something does not work?
LH Add Media From Url, and all https://lhero.org plugins are made to WordPress standards. Therefore they should work with all well coded plugins and themes. However not all plugins and themes are well coded (and this includes many popular ones).
If something does not work properly, firstly deactivate ALL other plugins and switch to one of the themes that come with core, e.g. twentyfifteen, twentysixteen etc.
If the problem persists please leave a post in the support forum: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/lh-add-media-from-url/. I look there regularly and resolve most queries.
What if I need a feature that is not in the plugin?
Please contact me for custom work and enhancements here: https://shawfactor.com/contact/
Contributors & Developers
“LH Add Media From Url” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0 November 13, 2015
1.05 March 10, 2016
1.06 March 11, 2016
1.08 July 30, 2017
Rejigged upload handling.
1.09 July 30, 2017
File type fixes
1.10 July 30, 2017
Moved uploader to separate class
1.11 August 03, 2017
1.12 August 05, 2017
latest copy file class
1.13 September 13, 2017
1.14 September 13, 2017
added language diectory
1.15 October 08, 2017
1.20 March 05, 2021
Updated lh-copy-from-url-class.php again!
1.21 April 08, 2021
Added a filter to wp remote get
1.22 April 16, 2021