Lazy Bookmark records metadata information embeded in a website, namely url, title, author, keywords and description. This plugin might be useful when you want to save pages or domains of websites and share them to public. It’s a bookmark-like. As an additional feature, this plugin may also allow public user to be contributed to the list of the url.
The plugin provides several different ready-to-use shortcodes:
- [lbm_form] : Displaying the form for URLs to be submitted based on Admin selection.
- [lbm_form_domain] : Displaying the form for submitting domain of the given URLs.
- [lbm_form_page] : Displaying the form for submitting page of given URLs.
- [lbm_list] : Displaying the list selected by administrator.
- [lbm_list_domain] : Displaying the list of collected domain.
- [lbm_list_page] : Displaying the list of collected pages.
- [lbm_search] : Search the contents.
The more detail and technical FAQ is available in the admin page of the plugin.
What does this plugin do?
In a simple term: Records IP Address, Title, Authors, Keywords, and Description of a website.
How can I use it?
Just type a domain or website, i.e. http://yahoo.com in the form on the Lazy Bookmark Setting Page then press Submit. You’ll find what this plugin actually do.
Can I use this form on my frontend page?
Yes you can.
Do I always need to write the protocol like ‘http://’ ?
Absolutely! it’s part of the valid URL.
In that case what kind of protocol that is allowed?
http, https, and ftp
I got a strange behaviour when I use this plugin on my frontend page. What’s wrong?
It depends. But the first thing that you need to check is that the permalinks should not be set as a ‘Default’. If this does not fix the issues then please email and let me know.
Can I choose which metadata to be display?
Can I edit the url and its metadata?
Can I filter or search the result?
Is this plugin a crawler?
Nope. Not even remotely.
Can I export the result as an XML or JSon?
No. But soon in the next release.
- Now the uniqueness of a website is determined from the domain name, not IP address.
- no more excessive and long pagination. It has been replaced with dropdown menu.
- Fix bug: avoid collision with cUrlPage function
- Initial version