The Last.fm Recently Played Tracks widget is here to feel in the gap of old plugins and other plugins that just don’t seem to work right anymore! When you search the WordPress plugins gallery, you’ll notice that all of the Last.fm recently playing plugins seem to be at least one to two years old or have low reviews. That’s why I took the time to whip up this widget.
If you upgraded to version 1.1.8 BEFORE 5:30PM CST on 10/7/2010, please delete and reinstall the plugin. There was a subversion error that caused the stylesheets to not be included in the WordPress download file. The issue has now been resolved.
Version 1.2.0 fixes an XML issue that may occur when Last.fm provides invalid responses. Also fixed issue with incompatibility with Searchlight plugin.
You can now display your latest tracks played anywhere you can insert a shortcode! All you have to do is put the shortcode
[lastfm] where you want it to appear. You can set the options for it as well.
- Username – used as
- Number of Tracks – used as
tracks=(any number between 1 and 50)
- Show Album Art – used as
albumart=(0 for no, 1 for yes)
- Show User Info – used as
userinfo=(0 for no, 1 for yes)
[lastfm username=just_in_time90 tracks=3 albumart=1 userinfo=1]
If you don’t set the options, they will default to your widget options.
- Selectable Username (of course)
- Shortcode Support
- Widget Title
- Number of tracks to show
- Select whether to show user info or not
- Select whether to show album art or not
- Show Last.fm star icon if no album art available
- Ability to customize style
- Only one instance of the widget is allowed right now
If you have a question, submit it on the contact page here.
- Added internalization of errors that occur when Last.fm provides bad responses to the plugin. Also fixed issue with incompatibility with Searchlight plugin.
- Moved styling to external stylesheet. Widget will now default to the font and styling of your theme. You can customize it in the custom.css file by using the Plugin Editor.
- Fixes for Firefox not displaying widget styling properly.
- Added requests for link to profile and ability to customize styling.
- Contains checks and fixes for issues that may arise when a theme is missing certain variables.
- Major code fix that could cause error on some webhosts with differing PHP setups.
- Minor code and bug fixes.
- Code updates and fixes as identified by plugin users.
- Code updates
- Updated coding to support shortcode usage as well as code cleanup.
- Corrected several spelling errors throughout plugin as well as removal of some deprecated PHP functions.
- Added option to be able to select whether or not to use JS as a temporary fix for some issues working with themes such as FutureBlogger.
- Cosmetic fix for long song titles
- Added option to select whether to enable AJAX/JS auto-refresh of tracks.
- Cosmetic updates to settings section.
- In this version of the plugin, auto refresh is DISABLED by default.
- Addresses caching issue and code fix for if user doesn’t have profile picture so that no “X” or “?” appears instead. (Thanks Cidney!)
- Fixed issue caused by whitespace in PHP code that caused activation error and on some blogs header output errors
- Fix that caused play time to show up incorrectly
- Compatibility check for version 3.0.1 of WordPress
- Added user info functionality
- Fixed slight spelling issues throughout the plugin
- Added auto-refresh of tracks using JS
- Added error message if last.fm is down
- First released version