- Real Spam Test: check easily your SMTP configuration with real Spam Assassin diagnose results
- Text version added on every newsletter sent. It will get better (automatic extraction from HTML content)
- Solved warning about WPLANG on admin dashboard
- Better pixel tracking code script
- Solved some auto-creation newsletter issues
- Solved the missing /wp-content/plugins/knews/includes/knews_subscribe.js?ver=1.7.4 bug. Bug introduced in 1.7.4. (Sorry guys!)
- Gravity Forms support added through Knews + GF Glue free plugin: add easily a subscription checkbox to your GF forms
- Complaints [Google PII Adsense Policy] (https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6156630?hl=en) (Personally Identifiable Information)
- Support new qTranslate X 3.3 release(a qTranslate branch)
- Contact Form 7 support added through Knews + CF7 Glue free plugin: add easily a subscription checkbox to your CF7 forms
- Multiple mailing list subscription at once option added (chekboxes instead select on subscription widget as option)
- Consistent local time info instead of GMT time on admin side
- Crop image (on/off) on resize added as option
- Support for polylang different domain per language
- Localised time format on Knews admin pages
- Added https support for CRONJOB url
- Support for background styles on body tag on newsletter templates
- Saffety bug solved on SQL injection attack
- Bug solved into automated newsletter creation: a second newsletter somethimes was created with fewer posts
- Some old installs can't create autometed newsletters. Now solved.
- Solved bug on email testing: newsletters can't be sent manually to emails with hypens on domain
- Bug solved in URL on newsletter can't read link
- Partial support for the new e-commenrce templates (for WooCommerce)
- Add support for body inline styles on templates
- The excerpt length can be set in Knews preferences
- Solve the broken URLs in newsletter editor for some installations
- Export subscribers tool now works like a charm
- Solved bug: some installations haven't confirmation message / PHP error message on subscription form submision
- Solved: Some newsletter links wasn't traced on stats
- Solved automation newsletter bug: now you can set again the every amount of time value on admin side
- Solved: PHP Error on SMTP test while test fails
- Improvements on submit script:
- solved double submit bug after submit error
- PHP timeout error proof (really)
- reset smtp after email send error
- wait after 5 consecutive email send error
- Solved an stupid bug: the Knews preferences was deleted when you do an scanning blacklist (Now safe).
- This bug was introduced on 1.6.5. Sorry guys!!!
- 591 domain blacklist added (keep mailing lists clean) from: https://github.com/martenson/disposable-email-domains
- Clean scanning blacklist tool added for current subscribers
- Automated newsletter creation timeout error proof
- Open newsletter detection for users without tracking pixel configured
- Reliable email submit script (it will restart at the same point if some error like PHP timeout break the script)
- Spaces in emails bug solved (on import, subscription and manual creation and edition)
- Solved newsletter display over home page in some WP installations
- Added a quick status check pane on submit newsletter screen
- Support for %the_content_1% ... %the_content_n% in custom newsletter
- You can add your custom speed in wp-config.php file: define ('KNEWS_CUSTOM_SPEED', x); //where x is emails sent every 10 minutes
- Solved bug on multistep import: some users experienced fail in large files
- Solved bug on admin submits screen pagination
- Solved: In manual post insertion, it shows ALL articles, even those which are in trash.
- In mailing lists, now count the total users well
- Solved PHP warnings about temporary text file deletion (lockfile.txt and lockfile2.txt)
- Minor bugs solved
- AUTOMATED NEWSLETTERS & AUTORESPONDERS NEW FEATURES
- Autoresponders can be filtered by user language
- Extra info added in the list
- Emails at once added on manual submision
- Bug solved: some autoresponders never was sent to some users
- Support for new Polylang versions
- Solved a qTranslate issue in automated newsletters
- Complaint with the new WP 3.9 WPDB extra layer for PHP 5.5+ (Warning: mysql_real_escape_string()... messages)
- Solved bug in autoresponders: never was created when used with one list filter.
- Solved issue with qTranslate on manual post insertion
- Solved bug in autoresponders: never was sent in some installations
- Solved issue with qTranslate on image insertion
- Finally! Autoresponders!! please, take a look here
- Emails at once in autocreation
- Newsletters classified by type: manual, autocreated, and autocreation + autoresponders
- Assistant inside WYSIWYG Editor for tokens and shortcodes insertion
- More stable newsletter autocreation
- Emails per hour preview
- Support in WYSIWYG Editor for HTTPS administration
- Added language filter in subscribers administration
- Added support for the new MAC Safari versions (WYSIWYG drag & drop works again)
- Solved link tracking bug for stats
- Solved the "email submission failed" message. It's a bug introduced in 1.5.7 (the emails really was sent,
but Knews always show sending error, in SMTP test, unique submission and mailing list submission.
- New styles for 3.8 admin interface
- Subscription form outer WordPress (from other websites through Iframe)
- Solved auto-creation bug when more than one process starts at same time (only one was sent in past)
- Trying re-subscribe error message solved
- Solved the HTML code editor blank error
- Solved empty subject bug when the newsletter was sent trough SMTP: We're sorry, guys!
- Double optin subscription on/off (default on)
- Email subscription advice (Knews email you when someone subscribes)
- Error in image resize solved
- Gmail port corrected in SMTP wizard
- Solved downloadable file link tracking stats param issue in newsletters
- Chinese Simplified & Traditional added
- User IP and registration date export added (in CSV)
- Solved not-homepage-issue under newsletter or dialog
- Full support for distinct /wp-content folder name
- Full support for Hungarian chars (thanks to @easy82)
- Support for relative image URLs inside WordPress
- Patch added for some users who can't see stats graphs (thanks to @burakali)
- More clean code in newsletters (less comments)
- Better code line cut
- Better mailing lists panel: in send newsletter and export users
- Better stats
- Lighter export users (less timeout issues, about 50.000 users)
- Better search users
- Solved tracking codes repeated
- IP and date registration in user info panel
- Support for one-blog plugin activation in a multiblog site
- Support for distinct than wp-content folder name - See more at: http://www.knewsplugin.com/changelog/#sthash.ZeQfdmsX.dpuf
- Tracking pixel automated, with easy configuration wizard (it needs one change in htaccess file)
- Better stats, better colors and reset option added
- Now you can add custom CSS for subscription widget (don't need modify your CSS theme anymore)
- Too faster search subscriber (admin side)
- Solved bad links in outlook (last slash in unsubscribe and can't read links)
- Tabbed configuration and sexy switches instead checkboxes
- IMPORTANT: SOLVED 1.5.0 BUG: 1.5.0 users can't send newsletters
- Removed automated upgrade from Knews Free to Pro (WordPress.org guidelines)
- Portuguese language added (Thanks to BAANNNG. http://www.baannng.com).
- MySQL error messages at first installation solved.
- Solved can't read link don't show the newsletter bug
- Solved manual user insertion bug
- Better support for Polylang
- Solved select post blank popup in newsletter editor
- Support for Polylang (Now Knews works as multilingual with WPML, Polylang and qTranslate)
- Nice URLS (In subscription opt-in, cant read and unsubscribe links)
- Solved blank dialog after subscription
- Less interferences with another plugins
- Solved blank color picker window under WordPress 3.6
- Suport for WPML 2.9
- Import CSV multistep filename error solved
- Automated newsletters stability
- Solved some interferences with another plugins
- Solved the "Knews cant update. Please, check user database permisions. (You must allow ALTER TABLE)" error (only in 1.4.4, we're sorry)
- SUBSCRIPTION FORM WIDGET IMPROVEMENTS:
- Subtitle added (optional)
- Show required fields text (optional)
- More specific message error for required fields
- Accept terms checkbox (optional)
- BETTER IMPORT TOOL:
- Import multiple step (every 500 users, in order to avoid memory issues)
- Mailing lists creation (supports multiple, comma separated)
- Import error log (see which and why emails reports issues)
- IP saving in subscription time
- GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS:
- Manual user creation with one step name and surname introduction and options remembering
- Test SMTP: added from, from name and debug info
- Saving which link was clicked inside a newsletter
- Cron call overlap prevented
- BUGS SOLVED:
- The resize IMG bug in editor (forbidden) solved for some users
- The retry submission for the errors now works
- The aphostrophe JS bug in the "see log" option (on submits) in some languages solved.
- Newsletters shown in a light window over the home page (follow the newsletters can't read link)
- Confirmation subscription dialog prettyfied
- Subscription form extra borders issue solved (1.4.2 bug)
- Subscription form layout: Labels outside fields (default), inside or hidden as an option
- Changes in the subscription form tags structure
- Better excerpt extraction: without extra BRs and other issues
- More stable auto creation newsletter
- Support for the new WordPress 3.5 media uploader
- Greek language added
- Emails with spaces behind or before now supported (in subscription form, CSV import and user search)
- Automated update to premium version
- Hungarian special chars support added
- Subscription form IDs removed (now code validates W3C rules)
- Solved line height editor bug in font dialog
- Solved dancing cursor in Firefox while writing
- Added HTML edition for the HTML coders inside HTML WYSIWYG Editor
- Easy SMTP default configuration for 1&1 and GoDaddy hostings (the most asked & confuse hostings). And Gmail and Yahoo external accounts (most used external SMTP).
- Solved a bug in the Test SMTP config for IsSendmail() configuration: always failed with right config (thanks to Manuel López Riego)
- Solved PHP Warning in automated_jobs.php for qTranslate users (thanks to Andrija Kokanovic)
- Solved PHP notice in newsletter creation: notice undefined variable anytemplate (thanks to Hasan Yousef)
- Cleaner in the WYSIWYG Editor for the font size bug (appears only in some mail clients, most times in some letters inside the link) now solved.
- More clean and shorter code lines in sent newsletters html: solves rare mail client issues.
- Support for the new jQuery 1.9: alternatives for the deprecated live() and browser() methods. More performance and support for older jQuery versions.
- Export subscribers: Now exports the name and surname fields.
- Post content: insertion now really gets the_excerpt content (if exists, otherwise generates it using the content).
- Select post pagination() function re-declaration bug solved (some WP themes uses this function name).
- Solved a bug while saving the newsletter in the WYSIWYG editor
- Russian language added (Thanks to Ivan Komarov. http://http://ivkom.ru ).
- Google + icon added in the newsletter templates.
- Added IsSendmail() in mailserver connection options (before only IsSMTP(), 1&1 webservers needs this method ).
- Added alerts if all the mailing lists are closed (subscribe widget doesn't shown).
- Fixed image resize issue under WP 3.5v (first time image resize / change).
- Solved broken links can't read and unsubscribe for users not subscribed (submits through manual submit).
- Some unstranslated strings solved (some strings added in latest releases).
- Solved issue while saving in the editor (broken ajax communication).
- Now the_excerpt gets the real post excerpt if there is one.
- Subscription form back (if something goes wrong) now doesn't scroll up when doing click.
- Right headers for stats images (some users can't see graphics stats).
- Error message "Knews cant update. Please, check user database permisions. (You must allow ALTER TABLE)." solved. We're Sorry!!!
- Subscription form back (if something goes wrong) without reload NOW WORKS.
- Dutch language added (Thanks to Carl Rozema. http://www.hetsites.nl )
- Title added in the newsletter page after user clicks can't read link
- User administration improvements: search for name and surname and order by any field
- Subscription form back (if something goes wrong) without reload
- Special Class added to the subscription form button for easy CSS customisation
- Now Knews uses the WordPress PHPMailer built-in library, less conflicts with another plugins
- Plugin upgrade checks for database alter table permision before upgrade
- Admin prefs checkboxes (automated options and compatibility options) changes aren't saved into 1.2.6 version, fixed.
- Eternal welcome to the 1.2.6 version bug solved
- Font Picker (selector) blank window bug solved
- Select page for insertion 404 error solved
- Magic quotes gpc activated proof (some webservers has this activated)
- Fifth step importation bug solved (rare issue)
- JS-Cron step #2 404 error solved
- TESTED IN WP 3.5
- DEEP CHANGES IN SECURITY: XSS & CSRF attaks prevention
- AUTOMATION IMPROVEMENTS:
- Added button to force automate script start with debugging info
- Now the imported posts gets the "include posts for automation by default" preference
- Autosave posts deactivating automation user preference solved
- Automate posts by creation/update date preference added
- Pagination added into select post popup (preventing memory overflow for much posts)
- Long lang code support added (chinese and portuguese)
- First character ? in newsletters fixed (rare, only a few webservers issue)
- Import users bug fixed
- PHP set_time_limit warning solved
- Added automated config option: older edited posts should be included on automation (on/off)
- Added subscribe config option: Antispam bot check (on/off) (Subscribe always fails "wrong e-mail adress" message issue in some Cache systems)
- Fatal error in admin newsletter page fixed
- Added 250 and 500 users per iteration submit (only for high performance SMTP)
- Fixed issue in the text email version (Thanks to Ernscht)
- Fixed issue in special chars email validation (Thanks to Ernscht)
- Added widget format (label/input position)
- Hidden Knews in admin menu fixed
- Fixed mailto in links on newsletters
- Solved double subscription bug into windows webservers (definitely, we swear)
- Solved bug in the scheduling of autocreation task
- Added JS-CRON force button in submits screen (look at the bottom list)
- Added support for NextGen Gallery images insertion in the WYSIWYG editor
- Added apply_filters['the_content'] deactivation to avoid post insertion issues with another plugins like NextGen Gallery and others
- Solved htaccess bug in newsletter images (bug in 1.2.2 version for some webservers)
- Double subscription bug fixed
- Fixed broken HTML newsletter submit when includes bad URLs (like )
- Added mailing lists order field (for selector order in subscription form)
- Bad URL tutorials fixed
- Solved SQL bug ('last_run' missing field) in knews 1.2.0 /1.2.1 clean installations (in Auto-creation admin page)
- Solved a token replacement bug about name/surname fields in submitted newsletters.
- Now you can specify a mailing list id, name, surname and/or stylize it in shortcode and theme knews_plugin_form() call (see installation for details).
- Solved statistics bug: now shows the Submits OK/Error graph and calculates right the clicks percentages
- The custom templates can be uploaded to /wp-content/uploads/knewstemplates/ in order to preserve it when you updating the plugin.
- New premium template "Glossy Black", in our (new shop).
- SOLVED IMPORTANT BUG!!! Cron submits never be submitted in 1.2.0 version.
- Solved two bugs in the can't read page: Now replaces the tokens (Name and Surname) and the unsubscribe link now works. Thanks to IanFox.
- The e-mail now is url encoded into user confirmation, unsubscribe and can't read email. Emails like email@example.com works now. Thanks to Ernscht.
- Added Name and Surname fields, in the subscription form and token replacement in the newsletter submit.
- Automated creation and submit newslettering.
- Deep change in the Ajax way: from old-school method to standard WordPress method: This will solve some incompatibility issues with other plugins in the WYSIWYG editor and other Ajax Calls.
- NEW: Bosnian added - sr_RS - about 60% translated (thanks to: Hasan Yousef)
- WOW: CSS and images on/off preview in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Post selection for insertion in the newsletter editor enharcements:
- in the right language by default.
- with the_content filters from theme/plugins in %the_content% replacement
- posts without title can be selected. Thanks to Hasan Yousef
- Add subscriptor function added: $Knews_plugin->add_user(email, id_list_news, lang, lang_locale) e.g. $Knews_plugin->add_user('firstname.lastname@example.org', 1, 'en', 'en_US'). Thanks to @drskullster.
- Cross-domain bug solved in ajax subscription when WPML differents domains per language option activated. Thanks to Matthieu Huguet
- Import bug solved when submit confirmation is activated. Thanks to @berardini.
Cache bug in the WYSIWYG editor after saving for some users solved by adding random param. Thanks to Miran Peterman
Stats bug solved (function name incompatibility with other themes/plugins). Thanks to @ashishsehgal.
The extrange forbidden error while saving the newsletter solved. Thanks to Hasan Yousef
A casablanca template background
image bug solved.
- Fixed an Stupid bug in the widget that breaks the sidebar... we apologize this!!!
- NEW: Croatian added - hr - about 60% translated (thanks to: Hasan Yousef)
- NEW: Serbian added - sr_RS - about 60% translated (thanks to: Hasan Yousef)
- Custom templates folder. Upload your custom templates to /wp-content/uploads/knewstemplates and plugin uploads don't erase it.
- FIXED AUTOMATED SUBMIT BUG IN WP CRON configs (some users can't submit newsletters, the submit process stopped at 0% forever). Thanks to: Tudor
- Fixed exact size upload error in the WYSIWYG editor (when no resize is needed). Thanks to: Hans-Heinz Bieling
- Fixed the selection post issue in the WYSIWYG Knews Editor (some qTranslate configurations can't switch between languages). Thanks to: Acorderob
- Added mailing list ID as optional param in the knews shortcode. Thanks to: Luis Briso de Montiano Aldecoa
- Fixed the drag and drop modules issue in older created newsletters (from knews versions 1.0.0 to 1.0.5). Thanks to: Xavier Goula
- Easy color change and delete of links in the newsletter editor. Thanks to Hans-Heinz Bieling
- Fixed the position of the false comments textarea in the subscription form (to avoid spam bots). Thanks to: Hasan Yousef
- DOING_AJAX constant added in ajax pages for WP_DEBUG activated configs. (See http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/13509/how-to-override-wp-debug-for-ajax-responses)
- Fixed automated submit bug (some users can't submit newsletters, the submit process stopped at 0% forever). Thanks to webken.
- Added import option that allow add mailing lists to old subscriptors trough new CSV. Thanks to: Luis Briso de Montiano Aldecoa.
- Fixed minor translation bug in Arabic language. Thanks to: Hasan Yousef.
- Updated dashboard advices system.
- Fixed the selection post issue in the WYSIWYG Knews Editor (some WPML configurations can't switch between languages). thanks to: Hasan Yousef.
- Fixed an undo image URL change issue in Editor.
- Fixed the too small image message bug in Editor: Before, show an incorrect permissions error message.
- Link to videotutorial in the editor added.
- VERY IMPORTANT: A SECURITY UPDATE *
Solved a Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability (XSS) in the file: knews/wysiwyg/fontpicker/index.php
(Technical info here http://www.securelist.com/en/advisories/49825)
- Anti-spam bots hidden inputs was added to registration widget / form (thanks to Hans-Heinz Bieling)
- Anti-spam bots hidden inputs was added to registration widget / form (thanks to Hans-Heinz Bieling)
- WORDPRESS 3.4 COMPATIBLE
- NEW: MULTISITE SUPPORT
- NEW: STATISTICS
- TEMPLATES ARE MULTILANGUAGE
- ALL THE TEMPLATES HAS SOCIAL BUTTONS
- RIGHT TO LEFT LANGUAGES SUPPORT
- WYSIWYG IMPROVEMENTS:
- wizard dialog for social buttons, to easily insert the URLs and hide undesired icons.
- Image oversize limitation (non breaking layout)
- Image attributes edition (alternate text, links, border, vspace and hspace properties)
- The horizontal insertion spaces between modules are hidden in edition time, only appears during dragging module
- There are a zoom view in the editor
- The editor has now an insert image button at the cursor position
- SMTP / CRON TUTORIALS ADDED
- -- languages --
- NEW: Arabic added - ar (thanks to: Hasan Yousef)
- NEW: Finnish added - fi (thanks to: Eccola http://eccola.fi )
- -- fixes --
- Save newsletter error re-fixed (thanks to Javier)
- User and password SMTP fields autocomplete issue solved (thanks to Esa Rantanen and Thorsten Wollenhöfer)
- WP_DEBUG alerts breaking ajax actions and WYSIWYG editor (from current theme or another plugins error messages) fixed
- WordPress core files inside directory broken URLs fixed (different WP address and Site address) (thanks to Manuel Burak and André Hilhorst)
- Support for image selection in Multisite WordPress sites (thanks to Esa Rantanen)
- WP-CRON interactions with other plugins fixed (thanks to Thorsten Wollenhöfer)
- Save newsletter error fixed (thanks to Javier)
- Image selection blank dialog fixed (thanks to Javier)
- URGENT: Preview and can't read newsletters bug fixed (thanks to Esa Rantanen)
- Image resize bugs fixed (thanks to Esa Rantanen)
- MAJOR BUGS Fixed in Windows webservers (thanks to Hans-Heinz Bieling)
- Resolved WYSIWYG editor issues in Macintosh Chrome (thanks to Max Schanfarber)
- Minor bug in modal window after subscription on twenty elevens theme (thanks to Esa Rantanen)
- Fixed customised messages bug (thanks to Hans-Heinz Bieling)
- WYSIWYG improvements:
- Solved change image bug when no link is provided (thanks to Alfredo Pradanos)
- Now you can resize template images in situ, with re-sharp and undo buttons (click on images)
- Template Casablanca improvements: background and layout issues with Gmail solved
- Duplication of newsletters option added (not necessary start from scratch every newsletter)