Adds the following tags to your header for better connection to facebook…
The following tags were proposed and validated by Facebook in 2010: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraphprotocol/
Sadly there is NO information as to why or when they were removed from http://opengraphprotocol.org , and http://www.ogp.me/ is returning a server error ( “Heroku | No such app” ).
Paul Tarjan, Software Engineer @ Facebook for the Open Graph protocol is on record as having said:
“Those properties are deprecated. If major players in the locality space need markup, ogp will create a location (or place or some name like that) namespace and move the properties into there”
This is an extension for the Pure Web Brilliant: Social Graph control plugin ( https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/kevinjohn-gallagher-pure-web-brilliants-social-graph-control/ )
Kevinjohn Gallagher: Kevinjohn Gallagher
Agency: Pure Web Brilliant
Framework release blog post: Pure Web Brilliant’s plugin framework released
” I want to go on record thanking my colleagues and many of our current & past clients, who were (mostly) happy to negotiate changes in the licence of our past work so that we could make it open source. “
- Package: Pure Web Brilliant
- Version: 2.0.1
- Author: Kevinjohn Gallagher framework@KevinjohnGallagher.com
- Copyright: Copyright (c) 2012, Kevinjohn Gallagher
- Link: http://KevinjohnGallagher.com
- Licence: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- I am seeing “… requires the parent framework to be installed and activated”
This program is part of the Pure Web Brilliant family, and requires the parent framework to be installed and activated.
You can find that at: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/kevinjohn-gallagher-pure-web-brilliants-base-framework/
- I am seeing “… requires the parent Control ( Pure Web Brilliant: Social Graph control ) to be installed and activated”
This plugin is an extension for the Pure Web Brilliant: Social Graph control plugin.
It can be found at https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/kevinjohn-gallagher-pure-web-brilliants-social-graph-control/
- So are these tags useful or not ?
I don’t know. They 100% do no harm, and they allow your website to have its information presented and searchable in a meaningful and semantic way.
I personally use them on my sites.
Contributors & Developers
“Pure Web Brilliant's Social Graph: Open Graph extras Extention” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated security check
- Publish to WP.org repository.
Added hook: _child_settings_array__kevinjohn_gallagher___social_graph_control
- Added hook: _social_graph_data_get___kevinjohn_gallagher___social_graph_control
- Added hook: _social_graph_data_set___kevinjohn_gallagher___social_graph_control
- Fixed a number of $this to $parent options to de-duplicate code.
- Correctly referenced the Parent/Control plug-ins options in get_options(), and not added additional data to the database
- Setarated GET and SET methods for data storage.