JR Favicon for WordPress is a very light-weight plugin that automatically adds your favicon (a small website icon) in the browser’s title bar, making your blog easier to recognize. Also works in Internet Explorer, unlike some other plugins.
- Makes your WordPress blog easier to recognize
- Works in every browser (including IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- Very lightweight, small code
- Favicon also shows up in browser bookmark list
- It automatically configures itself! (The favicon.ico file is automatically selected from your website’s root)
Check out my website PianoMusician.nl, you can see the blue piano favicon.
Installation is very easy:
/wp-content/plugins/directory and activate the plugin
- Create a favicon using Dynamic Drive’s favicon generator, and upload it to your site root (http://www.yoursite.com/favicon.ico).
That’s it, your favicon will now automatically show up when visiting your blog! You can also enter an other favicon URL at the plugin page.
No questions yet.
Contributors & Developers
“JR Favicon for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Plugin now automatically selects favicon.ico from your website root
- Displays a preview of your favicon at the plugin page
- First final release.