Follow these instructions to get your Facebook feed on your website. When you downloaded JQFW-WPL you got a file called jQueryFacebookWallWPLight_download.zip
- unzip jQueryFacebookWallWPLight_download.zip
Its contents should look this:
Install your plugin - Go to the Plugins page of your wordpress admin.
- Click the "Add New" button this wil take you to the Intall Plugins page.
- Click the "Upload" link on the Install Plugins page.
- Choose the jQueryFacebookWallWPLight.zip and click the "Install Now" button. You should see a message about unpacking and installing your plugin.
- Click the "Activate Plugin" Link this should take you back to your plugins page.
Configure your plugin - Click the settings link in the jQueryFacebookWallLight row.
- Enter the Domain name of the website where the plugin is installed in the field labeled Domain.
- Get your Facebook Account Name (see below) and enter it in the field labeld Facebook User.
- Get / Create your Facebook Account App Id/Key and Secret (see below)
- Find App ID and App Secret fields and Retrieve Button Image
- Enter your App ID and App Secret and click the "Retrieve Facebook App Access Token" Button. Image
3.If your app token retrieval fails see Get your Facebook Access Token
- Save your settings. Click the button on the bottom of the settings page that says "Save jQueryFacebookWall Settings" settings example - this will show the National Geographic facebook feed.
- Add a Facebook feed to a page or post. In the wp-admin navigate to the page or post you would like to JQFW-WPL to. Paste the short code [jfw_light show=jQueryFacebookWallLight] in the content editor. Save and navigate to the page. You should see your facebook feed.
- Adjust Plugin Settings - At this point your plugin is ready to go, however you can adjust the the other plugin settings as needed. See the Plugin Settings on ironlasso.com for details on settings function.