Originally intended to be similar to the famous Featured Content Gallery but using JQuery thus avoiding conflicts with other plugins. However I tried to use a different, I think simpler, way of administrating the options. I believe FCG would now say that they are trying to achieve something different. JFCG is now essentially a rotating banner.
When I started making this plugin I wanted to do it in the most ‘proper’ way possible, avoiding a quick fix for the website I wrote this for (www.camberleyengineers.com). I have tried to make all the code clean and use the recommended ways of doing things. As is always the case with these things, it’s probably veered away from this ideal somewhat so any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated.
The original inspiration came from Jon Raasch’s excellent tutorial http://jonraasch.com/blog/a-simple-jquery-slideshow
If you use this plugin and you like it, please give me a nice star rating and report that it works on the wordpress.org page. If you have any problems, please report them on the forum page for the plugin so I can fix ’em. It’s hard to tell how my plugin is doing and make it better without any feedback.
- Validate all fields on admin pages
- Clean up CSS and tables on gallery page
- Change caption to a div tag. It needs to be able to hold HTML as well as having 1.0 opacity forground with lower opacity background. It is currently in an h2 tag which looks ok but the text has the same opacity level as the background (0.5). I think this will make the biggest difference as to how the plugin is viewed by others.
Browser compatibility Issues
For the future
- Extra JS animations
- Options for how caption shows up rather than users adding all the html etc in the field
- Resize images with imagick rather than HTML/CSS
- JS optimization
- Upload the JFC folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php do_action('jfc_gallery'); ?>in your templates or insert the shortcode [jfctag] in any page or post
- Will feature x be added?
This plugin was created because I needed the current functionality. If I need extra features in the future I will add them and if I have any spare time I will add features that people request or I think would be good. If you think you can help with the coding, it’s open source, hack away to add those features and tell me what you’ve done so we can all improve this plugin. I would be happy to mention your name/website in this readme document. Indeed, if you feel you could improve this readme, please do 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“JQuery Featured Content Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Removed unnecessary CSS from jfc.css.php
Fixed gallery icons path issue and added ability to change order of frames