Adds Featured Images before the content, in the Jetpack Mobile theme
Important: for this plugin to work, you must activate Jetpack first, and activate the Mobile Theme module. This plugin requires Jetpack 2.3.
By default, this plugin only adds Featured Images on the home page. If you want to display them on the Post pages as well, go to the Jetpack Menu, and click on “Configure” under the Mobile Theme module. You will be able to enable Featured Images on Posts pages from there.
- Install the Jetpack plugin, connect the plugin to WordPress.com
- Activate the Mobile Theme module
- Install the Jetpack Mobile Theme Featured images plugin via the WordPress.org plugin repository, or via your dashboard
- Activate the plugin
- Enjoy 🙂
I like the jetpack mobile theme but the fact it doesn’t show featured images was a deal breaker for me this plugin fixes that. Thank you.
Contributors & Developers
“Featured images for Jetpack Mobile Theme” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Use the minileven_show_featured_images filter to control where the images are displayed
- Remove the code generating the post thumbnails, just use the new
wp_mobile_featured_imagesoption added to Jetpack in 2.3
- Do not show Featured Images when a moblie user forces the Full Site view
- Do not add Featured Images on tablets
- Add a new option to display featured images on Post pages as well
- Simplify coding style, props @evansolomon
- Do not add any Featured Image in the menu
- Always display the post title, even when there is no Featured Image
- Initial Release