This basic plugin enables the Magnific Popup image lightbox to work with single images within your posts and pages, gallery images using the built-in WordPress gallery and also WooCommerce product images.
Images within a Gallery will have next and previous arrows.
You can add an alt attribute to your image, to enable lightbox ‘captions’.
The plugin comes with a Settings page for you to choose options. All are off by default.
Thanks to Dmitry Semenov for the original script and hard work: http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/magnific-popup/
Note: This only supports images and not the full capabilities of Magnific Popup.
- Download and unzip the plugin
- Upload the ‘iw-magnific-popup’ folder into the ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory
- Go to the Plugins admin page and activate the plugin
- Then go to Settings > IW Magnific Popup to choose your options
Install via the Admin area
- When logged into your Dashboard, Go to the Plugins admin area and click Add New
- Search for ‘iw-magnific-popup’
- Click Install and then Activate
- Go to Settings > IW Magnific Popup and choose your options.
Simply put, this plugin works great but could slightly be improved 🙂
I would love to get in touch with the developer and submit a pull request to improve a few things…
Contributors & Developers
“IW Magnific Popup” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Modify Headers bug fix
- Added settings page for options.
- Fixed magnifying glass on hover.
- Small Fix.
- Added icons
- Small fix to stop popup opening on WooCommerce product images (temp fix).
- Small fix where next & prev arrows had theme based colours on hover, now removed.
- Added Alt attribute functionality.
- Small Fix.
- Added .iwmp-gallery class to the main gallery div wrapper to avoid conflicts.
- Initial release.