Get Book information, Author, Title, Cover for millions of Books by ISBN using the Book Widget. No account required.
Book Information in Blog Posts
You can also insert the same book information directly into your posts by typing
[ISBN:ISBNNUMBER] for example [ISBN:9780805079593]
You need an account at iBookDB to use the Bookshelf widget which shows random books from your bookshelf on your blog.
Just enter your username, number of rows and number of columns and you are good to go. You can pick small or medium sized images.
Using The Widgets and Plugin
To use the widgets go to Appearance->Widgets and drag and drop the widgets wherever you want.
For an example on using and customization go to http://www.s1dd.com/2009/07/the-internet-book-database-book-information-widget/
Visit the Plugin Forum at http://www.ibookdb.net/forums/index.php/topic,2054.0.html
We recommend installing this plugin using the automatic installation from the Plugin Directory.
This section describes how to manually install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To use go to Appearance->Widgets and drag and drop the widgets wherever you want.
Aarghhh!! I am seeing books that are not on my bookshelf!!! What do I do?
Nothing, that bug has now been fixed
Contributors & Developers
“Internet Book Database Book Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Added Screenshots, instructions etc. No major Changes
- Added Preview Support for Book with Previews
- Removed iBookDB theme so content matches your blog.
- Added [ISBN:ISBNNUMBER] Filter for Posts