Instapaper Liked Article Posts checks your Instapaper ‘Liked’ article RSS feed on a regular basis and creates new posts with that data under a new custom post type (or any other post type you choose). Another step in owning your data.
By using this plugin, you can automatically share articles that you find interesting with readers of your blog or archive them for your own purposes. The reason I built this plugin is specifically for data ownership. I wanted a place to store the data I was creating through the awesome Instapaper service.
Settings are available for:
- Instapaer RSS Feed
- The RSS Feed for your ‘Liked’ articles through Instapaper
- Max Items To Fetch
- How many items to fetch at a time.
- Post Type
- By default, a custom post type for Instapaper items is added, but you have the ability to choose any post type for new items to publish under.
- Post Status
- If you don’t want items to publish immediately, you can always select to save them as private or draft instead.
- RSS Fetch Frequency
- By default we check for new items every hour. This can currently be set to daily or twice daily as well.
- Why aren’t there any FAQs?
- Because nobody has asked a question yet.
- Due to the SimplePie default feed_fetch cache lifetime of 12 hours, regular feed checks weren’t happening. Cache for this feed is not set to 30 seconds so that it really checks for new items.
- All the major work.
- It’s alive!