Generates a daily post digest from many customisable Feed sources. i. e. I used it to generates a daily post with my Google Reader Shared Items, also I’ve put as public my Starred Items to post it, and finally my public bookmarks on Delicious.
See an working example at my blog
Based on Digest Post by Frederic Wenzel
Copyright 2009 Evelio Tarazona Cáceres email@example.com
Based on Digest Post by Frederic Wenzel at https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/digest-post/
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- Upload indigestion.php to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- With the Plugins Editor, change the settings on indigestion_settings function as you like
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Done enjoy Indigestion 🙂
- How to edit settings or options?
In this version only is allowed editing your indigestion.php file directly, is planned add an easy GUI for configure it on WordPress Settings.
- Which options are allowed?
If you read the embebed documentation you’ll understand but…
Time of the day to say Indigestion get feeds and post the digest, on 24h format.
Number of minimus items total, sum of all Feeds, meaning at least min items or links to create a post, if not enought items on total Indigestion will not create the post.
Text or code to insert before the list of links.
Text or code to insert after the list of links.
Multidimension array wich contains the Feeds info (each array is an Feed), meaning
- title if you don’t wan’t a title before each Feed’s link list, just put it as ” or null if you don’t want it.
- url Obviously the Feed’s URL, mandatory!.
- options An array containing the individual Feed options, allowed options are:
- disable_creator, boolean, disable the insertion of “by [author]” after item link
- disable_annotation_content, boolean, disable the insertion of Google Reader’s Annotation if apply.