This Plugin improves the search for users in the WordPress backend significantly. It empowers admins to search for the first name, last name and email address of users instead of only their nicknames/nicenames.
It is also possible to search for custom user meta fields now.
Translations: English, German, Swedish
Plugin Homepage: http://www.blackbam.at/blackbams-blog/2011/06/27/wordpress-improved-user-search-first-name-last-name-email-in-backend/
Special characters like quotes are escaped, problems with the query may apper when trying to search for other non-alphanumeric characters.
- Added translations and il8n (Mikael Grön firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Added german translation (de_DE)
- Database compatibility improved.
- Re-allowed special characters in keys, but strings are still escaped for safe queries.
- Filter and test custom meta fields. Remove unallowed characters.
- Added Case-insensitive matching.
- Added Multisite support.
Fix issue where attempting to activate the plugin would throw an “Invalid Header” error
Added options page to include custom user meta fields in the search.
Little code improvements.
Initial release to the Plugins directory.
Upload the “improved-user-search-in-backend” directory into the /wp-content/plugins/ of WordPress or use the auto-installer.
Activate the Plugin through the Plugins page.
Maybe you want to change the defaults in Settings -> User Search.
Contributors & Developers
“Improved user search in backend” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Additional security fix sanitizing text field input.
- Removed a possible XSS/CSRF vulnerability in the backend.