- Upload 'imdb-markup-syntax' to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory,
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- PHP 5.3+ with PECL json 1.2+ and cURL is required.
How to use the plugin on your blog
You have watched a movie and want to post a comment on it on your blog. With a few simple steps you can use this plugin to extract movie facts and display it on your blog which will complement your writing with professional and exact facts about the movie.
- Go to IMDb and search the movie you want to write about.
- Copy the movie id tag shown in the url, for example: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505 i.e. tt0081505 This tag will help you to insert facts from the movie that will be displayed and highlighted when you are writing the movie title, name of the actors, the directors and so on.
- For example: [imdb:id(tt0081505)] Yesterday I saw an old movie, [imdb:title]. I really liked both the [imdb:directors] and the movie
- Your text will be displayed as: Yesterday I saw an old movie, The Shining. I really liked both the Stanley Kubrick and the movie
You can also insert statistics such as the number of people who has comment on the movie at IMDb´s website and this will be automatically updated whenever your own blog page is refreshed.