Check official website for live demo http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2011/11/04/wordpress-plugin-image-slider-with-description/
Image slider with description WordPress plugin is a Jquery based image slideshow script that incorporates some of your most requested features all rolled into one. Not only image, this slideshow have images, title and description. We have option to enable/disable description in the slideshow.
- Fade in effect that has the current image fading over the previous one.
- Slide effect that has each image slid one by one.
- Each slide can be optionally hyper linked.
- Each slide can have an optional description associated with it.
How to Configure this Plugin?
First install and activate this plugin, after that use the given short code into the pages or post to render the slideshow, Separate image management page available in the admin to add, update, delete the images. this is no image upload option instead you have to enter the image path.
Short code available,
Q1. How to upload images to the slideshow?
Q2. How to update slideshow setting?
Q3. Is possible to hide description from the slideshow?
Q4. Can you explain the short code?
Contributors & Developers
“Image slider with description” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Tested upto 3.3
Tested upto 3.4
Slight change in the short code, Please find the new short code for your gallery.
New demo link
Now option to load the slider directly in the theme file ( i.e PHP file)
Tested up to 3.4.2
Tested up to 3.5
Avoid registering the alternate jQuery.
From this version we are using existing wordpress jQuery.
Tested up to 3.6
Fixed vulnerability security issue.
- Tested up to 3.8
- Now this plugin supports localization (or internationalization). i.e. option to translate into other languages.
Plugin *.po file (imgslider.po) available in the languages folder. Translators Welcome.
- Supports network multisite website (Manual table creation required).
- Tested up to 3.9
- Added little security feature.
- Tested up to 4.0
- Tested up to 4.1
- Tested up to 4.2.2
- Tested up to 4.3
- Image upload option is added in the plugin admin. With this option you can easily upload (or select from media) your images into this plugin.
- Tested up to 4.4
- Text Domain slug has been added for Language Packs.
- Tested up to 4.5
- Sanitization added for all input value.
- Tested up to 4.6
- Tested up to 4.7