Adds a meta box to the Edit Page page where you can set to show or exclude the page from page listings.
- Automatic exclusion of child pages
- Individually disable and enable the plugin filter
- Multilanguage: currently English and German (please help us with translations if you want to see additional languages)
- Ad-free (of course, donations are welcome)
If you would like to contribute to this plugin, see its GitHub repository.
- Upload the
im8-exclude-pagesfolder to the
/wp-content/pluginsdirectory on your web server.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Find the new Exclude Page meta box on the regular Edit Page page
- Is there a way to (temporarily) disable the plugin filter?
Yes, there is. Suppose you want to exclude a page from your menu but show it in your sitemap (both generated with
wp_list_pages). To do so, just use the
disable_im8_exclude_pages()function right before building your sitemap. If you would like to re-enable the filter (e.g., if you have a footer menu, where you want to excvlude the page again), you may do so by calling the
Contributors & Developers
“IM8 Exclude Pages” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- code reformat
- introduced new setting to automatically exclude pages from search results (thanks to koroikoroi for the feature request)
- compatible up to WordPress 3.8.1
- added some
- integrated plugin update message
- corrected some DocBlocks
- fixed bug that prevented plugin from being loaded when activated network-wide
- added direct access guard
- removed trailing
- compatible up to WordPress 3.8
- bugfix in
- wrapped plugin in
if (! class_exists('IM8ExcludePages'))
- fixed bug in
get_excluded_pages(credits go to blizam for reporting this)
- complete refactoring
enable_im8_exclude_pagesfunctions to individually disable and enable the plugin filter (e.g., if you want to exclude several pages from your menu, and include them in your sitemap)
- more usage of WordPress core functions
- moved screenshot to
- added banner image
- checked for WP 3.5 compatibility
- removed deprecated parameter (credits for the hint go to ijo)
- initial release