A simple plugin that when activated follows the content of a post with links to a user selectable number of other posts in the same category as the main post.
A number of options are given:
- You can select the heading under which the links to other posts will appear.
- You can select the number of posts to display.
- You can decide upon the way in which the links will be ordered – by title, post date or randomly.
- You can choose to show the first sentence of a post under the link to the post as a snippet of what’s to come.
- Choose to show author and date of posting.
- Choose to show the links above, below or embedded within the content of the main post.
- Unzip into your
- Activate ‘If You Liked That’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘If You Liked That’ options page (Under Options on the main admin menu) and configure!
- Where can I leave feedback about the If You Liked That plugin?
- The first sentence of my post isn’t showing!
Ensure that there is no HTML markup in the post before the first sentence. HTML confuses If You Liked That.
- My widget doesn’t work
To keep the resource overhead of this plugin low the plugin runs off the main loop.
This means the widget must be placed in a sidebar that is displayed after the post has been sent to screen.
That usually means a sidebar that is placed on the left of the browser or in the footer, although that will vary depending on your template.