This widget shows you upcoming events for a configurable iCalendar .ics file. There are a few options you can set like:
- Title of the widget when it’s visible in your sidebar
- Subscription URL to your iCalendar .ics file
- Number of events to show
- Switch on/off event summary
- Switch on/off event start/end date
- Switch on/off event start/end time
- Switch on/off event description
- Switch on/off event location
- Switch on/off event URL
- Setting up a range of dates that events will be shown
The package of this plugin is available for download at:
This widget makes (in some topics partially) use of:
- the ics-parser class by Martin Thoma
- the jQuery UI-Datepicker plugin
Good to know
Normally you will select a “range date-to” greater than the “range date-from”. But, if you set the “range date-to” lesser than the “range date-from”
(or lesser than the current date, if “range date-from” is empty), then the list of events to show will be given in reverse order (aka descending).
Please check the icalendar.css file for style customization and the templates in the templates folder for styling options.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the complete ‘icalendar-events-widget/’ directory to ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory of your active theme
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Widgets’ menue in WordPress and put it on the right place of your sidebar
Contributors & Developers
“iCalendar Events Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- added french translation
- fixed a translation issue
- fixed some issues with php 5.3.x
- added a datepicker for the date range input
- locale support for dates
- documentation updated
- translations updated
- added some very basic functionality for selecting a date range
- minor bugfixes
- The very first version.