- The Hull plugin allows you to benefit from the full power of http://hull.io without any complicated setup.
- Offer your users a cross-domain social login with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Github, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Google, Tumblr, Vkontakte with 1 line of code.
- Show personalized activity feeds, comments, ratings, likes, leaderboards, collections, user media uploads, list of friends and much more without any coding.
- If you have multiple domains and your blog is only one of your properties, then you need hull because it’s the only solution that recognizes users and offers these engagement features across all your web sites, whatever the technology they use.
- All the tracking and integration with Analytics, transactional email hosting, CDN is already done for you, you have nothing to code to have the best social infrastructure as a service available. If you’re a developer you will get even more from Hull’s flexibility.
What does it do?
* All Posts are automatically referenced in your Hull App.
* Hull.js is automatically configured and initialized
* The Widgets and Templates defined in your WordPress Theme are automatically loaded.
Authentication with hull.io
The plugin hooks the authentication mechanics of wordpress so the users can login with hull to your blog.
Simply add the following HTML to the login page of your theme so users can also login with hull:
<div data-hull-widget="identity@hull"></div><h3>Creating and using Widgets in your Theme</h3>
wp-content └── themes └── my_theme ├── home.php ├── index.php ├── Hull │ └── widgets │ └── my_widget │ ├── main.js │ └── my_template.hbs ├── page.php └── single.php
Hello from my widget
and then, to use this widget inside your views :
<?php hull_widget('my_widget') ?> => <div data-hull-widget='my_widget'></div><h3>Widgets Helpers</h3>
hull_widget($name, $options=array(), $tagName = “div”, $placeholder=””)
$name: The widget’s name
array(key => val)translated to
$tagName: name of the wrapping tag
$placeholder: Initial content placed inside your widget before first rendering
<?php hull_widget('identity', array('provider' => 'facebook')) >
$post_id: the id of the WordPress post you want to display the comments for.
$options: same as
<?php hull_comments_widget($post->ID) ?>
$post_id: the id of the WordPress post you want to display the reviews for.
$options: same as
<?php hull_reviews_widget($post->ID) ?>
The plugin in zip format can be downloaded here
Then head over to the “Install Plugins” page on your wp-admin :
and upload the zip from there.
Alternatively, you can simply unzip it or clone the repo under
The admin Panel is under Settings > Hull
Contributors & Developers
“Hull.io” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial Release