Hot Linked Image Cacher is a Free and Open Source WordPress plugin which is able to automatically search for Hot Linked Images within your posts and automatically cache the images locally and update the img links within your posts. It doesn’t matter if you have 1 post or 100,000 posts, it will handle it. You can control exactly which post to cache by optionally specifying a post id number (or just put all to cache all posts). You can also control exactly which domain to cache from by specifying domains. This plugin supports both curl and allow_url_fopen methods in getting remote files, so it doesn’t matter which method your server support, we have it covered.
Benefit of caching the image locally? Your image never become dead or replaced because you have full control, search engines will point to your site when someone does an image search meaning more traffic to your site and the other sites won’t complain about you hot linked their images anymore.
- Automatically cache hot linked images in your posts.
- No manual work required, new directories and cached images are automatically created in the standard WP upload directory.
- You could optionally specify a post id to cache one post only.
- You could optionally specify exactly which domains to download the image from.
- Increase traffic to your site because now search engines will index your images.
Support both curl and allow_url_fopen, so this plugin will work on basically any server running php.
- Version History
- Screen Shots
- Upload the folder “hot-linked-image-cacher” into your “wp-content/plugins”
- Log in to WordPress Administration area, choose “Plugins” from the main menu, find “Hot Linked Image Cacher”, and click the “Activate” button
- Choose “Manage->Hotlinked Image Cacher” from the main menu and follow the directions on the page.
- Do I need to create any folders?
No the plugin will automatically generate the folders for you. They will all be placed under the WordPress upload folder.
- Do I need to change the permission to 777 on the upload folder?
If you host has configured the server correctly, you won’t have to. But if the plugin tell you the upload folder isn’t writable. Then you have to change the upload folder to 777 (chmod 777).
Contributors & Developers
“Hot Linked Image Cacher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors