Hot Gallery by HotThemes shows a set of images taken from a directory on your server in a fancy way. In widget options, you have control over the widget’s display. You can change width, height, borders, etc. Widget colors are configurable (background color, font color, tabs color).
- Install plugin as usually from WordPress.org, or download, unpack and upload
hot_gallerydirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Publish Hot Gallery widget in one of available widget sidebars
- In the widget options, you can see parameters that defines the widget’s look.
- Make sure that Load jQuery is enabled only if your theme doesn’t load it.
- Make sure that thumbnail images can fit in the widget’s width (edit number of thumbnails and their size as % of original image).
- Enter folder where your images are stored, in example http://www.yoursite.com/images/folder. This will show images only without description text.
- If you need images with description text, beside images folder, you must list all images in the text field below, like “imagename.jpg||Description text;” (without quotes).
Contributors & Developers
“Hot Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- The first release
- Compatibility issues with WordPress customizer fixed
- Problems with CSS img fixed
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.0