- Commercial grade video player based on VideoJS
Improved support for HLS and HDS formats.
- Rich video.js plugin eco-system
- Various plugins available for added functionality, such as:
- Google Analytics – videojs-ga
- Progress bar thumbnails – videojs-thumbnails
- VAST and VPAID integration – videojs-vast-plugin and videojs-vpaid
- DASH format support – videojs-dashjs
- Resolution switch button – video-js-resolutions
And many more…
- Video experience analytics
What is the average buffering time in Germany?
How many seeks users are doing in a single video?
Get answers in real-time through the analytics dashboard.
- Multi-platform compatibility
Supports playback on desktop and a variety of mobile devices,
with failsafe mechanism to ensure your video is played everywhere.
- Custom branding and no watermark
Easy customization with standard HTML and CSS skinning system.
- And it’s free!
- What video formats the player can play?
- What ad formats does the Player support?
Hola Player supports VAST and Google IMA based ads, including pre-roll,
mid-roll and post-roll video ads. Documentation and sample code are available
in the GitHub page – https://github.com/hola/video.js
- Is it completely free?
- Is Hola player open source software?
Hola player is based on VideoJS, an open source HTML5 video player. Find more
details on the Hola Player GitHub page – https://github.com/hola/video.js
- Where can I get the source for Hola Player?
Find more details on the Hola Player GitHub page –
Second stable version
Greatly improved UI for inserting video player code
Fixed handling of shortcode options and better UX
Fixed UI and handling of options for widget
Integrated analytics signup into the plugin
Fixed intermittent playback failures with Vimeo and YouTube. Ensured that ads
are not used together with those sources.
More thorough fix for playback failures with Vimeo and YouTube.
Moved to current version of hola_player.js
Better analytics integration
Properly integrate ads in all video types.
New version of hola_player.js
Correct and consistent handling of all tag options
Made widget and shortcode use same output code
Made Vimeo and YouTube respect all options
Simplified backend handling of tag generation
Removed unnecessary UI elements
= 1.3.6 –
Integrated Google Analytics
Contributors & Developers
Hola Free Video Player is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors