Some hosts suck. They don’t include basic things like cron that plenty of scripts need. Luckily for us, we can mimic
wget http://example.com with this plugin. It’s about as simple as plugins get, but should make your life a bit easier.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the URL of the page you want to hit daily to the Settings > External Cron Settings screen
- Drink a glass of scotch and be happy that your bad host is no longer an issue
- What kind of scotch should I drink in step 4
There is no perfect answer to this. As an everyday scotch, I think you can do much worse then the Highland Park 12.
Contributors & Developers
“Hit An External Cron” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- The initial version.
- NEW FEATURE: A Menu
- NEW FEATURE: A Readme file
- NEw FEATURE: Hitting an external cron