After looking around for a hierarchical selection field in Contact Form 7 with no luck, we have decided to create our own plugin to help out other developers with a similar problem.
This plugin allows a hierarchical list of check boxes, controlled via the WordPress menus, to be placed into a Contact Form 7 form.
NOTE: If you were one of the first 15 people who downloaded this plugin, please re-download to version 1.03 or above for bug fixes.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Create a menu through the default WordPress interface (eg. My Menu).
- Reference the menu through the hierarchical checkboxes shortcode via the
WordPress menu slugoption when you create your Contact Form 7 form.
Other fieldallows the users to enter a custom selection not in the menu created in the WordPress menu interface.
- Which versions of Contact Form 7 is this plugin compatible with?
Contact Form 7 version 3.4.2 is stable and tested. If you require the plugin to be compatible with other versions of Contact Form 7 please post a support ticket and we’ll see what we can do.
Contributors & Developers
“Hierarchical Checkboxes for Contact Form 7” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial working version
- Release for client/internal use
- Bug fixes
- Initial public release