1.6.4, 5 March 2015
- Updates to documentation and code improvements
- Note on portfolion of plugins now available for adoption
1.6.3, 10 January 2015
- Fixed potential XSS vulnerability which could affect administrators who are logged in using an old browser and who visit a maliciously crafted URL on their own site. Thanks to Kacper Szurek for responsible disclosure of this problem in a different plugin.
1.6.2, 19 December 2014
- Note on WordPress 4.1 compatibility.
1.6.1, 8 October 2014
- Documentation update and note on WordPress 4.0 compatibility.
1.6, 23 April 2014
- Noted compatibility with WordPress 3.9.
1.5.9, 22 November 2013
- Dropped compatibility with very old versions of PHP no longer supported by WordPress.
1.5.8, 21 September 2013
- Updated WordPress version compatibility.
1.5.7, 15 December 2012
- Replaced some ancient admin page code to enable loading the plugin through a symbolic link.
- Confirmed 3.5 compatibility.
1.5.6, 26 November 2011
- Removed PluginSponsors.com code following threats that the plugin would be expelled from the plugin repository for using the code to display sponsorship messages
1.5.5, 27 October 2011
1.5.4, 3 October 2011
- Minor code cleanups
- Tweak to accommodate automatic placement within Twenty Eleven's pixel-level hard-coded comment form styling. (Remember, the countdown box is available for styling yourself, so please do modify how you would like to appear with your own theme: it is not possible to include universal CSS that works with every theme available.)
1.5.3, 5 Feburary 2011
- Better customisation options for WordPress 3.0+
1.5.2, 29 January 2011
- Minor code cleanup
- Testing with WP 3.1 Release Candidate 3
1.5.1, 20 January 2011
- Minor code cleanup
- Testing with WP 3.1 Release Candidate 2
1.5, 12 September 2010
- Improved counter box placement options for WordPress 3.0's new comment_form function
- Improved counter removes dependence on an explicit 'name' attribute for the comment form, relying on 'id' instead
- Improved comment length accuracy for multi-byte character sets when using anti-spam comment trimming
1.4.2, 24 June 2010
- Better workaround for WordPress 3.0's problems initialising plugins properly under multisite
1.4.1, 24 June 2010
- Workaround for rare problem where WordPress interferes with a newly activated plugin's ability to add options when using multisite/network mode
1.4, 1 June 2010
- Major reduction in database footprint in preparation for WordPress 3.0
= 1.3, 24 May 2010
1.2.9, 20 April 2010
1.2.8, 6 April 2010
- Enhanced admin pages now support user-configurable section boxes which can be re-ordered or closed
1.2.7, 10 February 2010
- Greatly improved spam handling: we now check the comment length after most other comment processes have had their crack at it, and we send an over-length comment to moderation queue only if no earlier process has marked it as spam
1.2.6, 12 January 2010
- Fully tested with 2.9.1 (no changes)
1.2.5, 10 November 2009
- Minor update to configuration pages
- Fully tested with 2.8.5 (no changes)
1.2.4, 17 August 2009
- Options page bugfix for users on old PHP4 installations
1.2.3, 12 August 2009
- Documentation tweaks
- Added support for plugin sponsorship
- Fully tested with 2.8.4 (no changes)
1.2.2, 11 June 2009
- Fully tested with final release of WordPress 2.8
1.2.1, 15 April 2009
- Fixed a minor typo which would have interfered with translations for this plugin -- thanks to Nikolay
1.2, 1 April 2009
- This version brings higher performance, several minor enhancements, and a revamped administrative interface; it is recommended for all users.
1.1.1, 11 February 2009
- Now prevents Spam Karma 2 from overriding our choice to mark over-sized comments for moderation or to treat as spam
1.1, 10 February 2009
1.0, 4 February 2009