2.5 (10 February 2015)
- Added to options for HTML container, and set that to default for new installs
- Reworked how the Default Style backup works if Styles folder is not found
- Removed the p_e() and p__() textdomain abstractions, to improve compatibility with upcoming translation features of WordPress
- Now using some built-in WP abstractions: trailingslashit(), selected(), and checked()
- Code cleanup
2.4.2 (27 November 2012)
- Pull-quote text in an HTML comment is now trimmed of spaces
- Improved testing for empty pull-quotes before rendering
- Bugfix: Was not saving container setting correctly -- error in HTML rendering on Settings page.
2.4.1 (3 September 2011)
- A jspullquotes.css file in a theme is now properly detected in both Parent and Child themes
2.4 (5 May 2011)
- Updated filenames to reflect new plugin name.
- Updated .po localization files to reflect current code (calling all translators!)
- A few more tweaks in preparation for adding plugin to the Official WP Extend repository.
2.3 (28 March 2010)
- New Persian translation
- Added Style headers to Pull-Quote style files (prep for upcoming feature)
- Fixed bug in Settings page for selecting default side (Thanks Sébastien!)
- Fixed array bug in internal get_plugin_data
- In core CSS, fixed background colors and text colors to inherit from parent
- Updated Settings page CSS for WP 2.6/2.7 -- Save Changes button is "primary" color
- Admin head now uses
wp_enqueue_script() for preview script
- Fixed path constant in
- Translations folder renamed to "lang"
2.2 (25 September 2008)
- Changed how Default style works -- "Default.css" is again in the styles folder. If for any reason the program can't find any styles, it falls back to a copy of Default.css in the resources folder. This way people aren't forced to have Default on the list.
- New German translation (Dank Mattias!)
- Updated .po files
- Added Ozh Drop Down Menu icon
- code changes:
plugin_path => plugin_dir |
pq__() => p__() |
pq_e() => p_e()
2.1.2 (23 July 2008)
- Fixed design flaw introduced in 2.1.1. Style option now stores file basename relative to styles directory -- should not store full URL if we're going to let user change the directory.
- BUGFIX: Localizations not working. (Incorrect path)
- Localizations (.mo files) will work directly from languages/ folder
- Changed init() to class constructor -- no more hooking "init" action
- Moved activation hook call to constructor
- Minor code cleanup to comply with WP Coding Standards:
2.1.1 (18 July 2008)
- Increased efficiency of options version checking
Update_options() renamed to
- Significant code cleanup and reorganization with options/defaults functions
- Changed admin footer priority to 9
- Significant cleanup of Style selection code
style_name setting with
style_url setting -- holds full URL
- if only one style available, choose that and disable control
- if selected style is missing, select Default
- moved Default to "resources" so it's harder to misplace
- Updated preview.js for compatibility with new full-url settings
- Moved Default style to resources folder so it can't be misplaced.
- Significant error checking RE missing or changed stylesheets
- if chosen style is missing, falls back to default
2.1 (13 July 2008)
- WordPress 2.6 compatible
- JSPQPATH now
init(). Now runs on "init" hook instead of running blind on plugin inclusion.
- Moved textdomain load and
$plugin_path define into
- Unchecked boolean options are now explicitly set to false
set_defaults() will now merge defaults with existing settings -- i.e. fill in new or missing options in a newly upgraded install
compare_versions() -- Auto-run set_defaults on update without reactivate
wp_options table. Now "
- Will automatically transfer from old to new
- Uses "Ozh method" to attach footer to Settings page (Call is in
settings_page() instead of
- Added static to
get_plugin_data() -- no need to read the file twice
- BUGFIX: Moved
register_activation_hook outside of class. In
init() it was never being called
2.0 (8 June 2008)
- Rewrote Settings page to WP 2.5 standard
- New Setting: strip internal links "href='#id'" from pull-quote
- Added "Settings" link to Actions on Plugins screen
- Strips "a" tags that lack "href" attribute from pull-quote
- Strips "id" and "name" attributes from tags in pull-quote
- Moved home page link on Settings page to page footer
- Improved error correction if Style files go missing (not finished though)
- BUGFIX: Files starting with "." should not appear in styles list in Admin
- Misc. code clean & polish
1.7.0 (6 June 2008)
- BUGFIX: "preview" script is now only added to Pull-Quotes page -- used to add to ever admin page (was causing problems when editing posts)
- Improved security via nonces. See: http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2006/06/02/wordpress-203-nonces/
- Changed name of preview script in Admin to avoid potential conflicts
- Removed "edit CSS" link from Admin. Doesn't work in WP 2.5
- Simplified HTML comments on page headers. Blog pages no longer have plugin URL and Admin page no longer has version.
- Extensive code cleanup and abstraction -- e.g. function calls now use "$this->" when possible. Also, new class functions:
- Eliminated separate "class" file
- Some documentation cleanup
1.6.7 (15 January 2008)
- NEW French localization — Merci Ben!
- BUGFIX - version display in page header was broken
- Small fix to options page localization
- minor code changes
1.6.6 (26 November 2007)
- Added User Option to not link CSS — this way admin can put CSS in site’s main CSS file and save some HTTP requests
- Plugin path now uses plugin_basename() (stability improvement)
- BUGFIX - version display on Options screen was broken
1.6.5 (31 August 2007)
- added function to set defaults if no options are set
- reorganized files in jspullquotes directory
- added JSPQPATH constant to make paths less brittle
- changed User Capability requirement to "switch_themes"
- test for both "switch_themes" and "edit_themes" capabilities before writing "edit stylesheet" box to admin screen
- changed name of class, for filename consistency
1.6 (25 July 2007)
- Italian localization added
- Changed user requirement for Options Screen. Was Access Level “7″, now requires Capability "
- Minor experimental change that may or may not kick in in a future update of WordPress (yes, I like keeping you in suspense! :) ) [Update: Won't happen. It was the "settings" link in the header, which I thought I could get implemented in WP. Removed in plugin v1.7]
1.5.4 (16 June 2007)
- The preparations for localizations are complete. A POT file is now included with the download. Please send me translations and I will include them with the download! :)
- Cleaned up the identification comments included in the page additions
- Some code cleanup and rearrangement. The main PHP file is now much simplified, with the main code class in a separate file.
1.5.3 (10 May 2007)
- Styles can now be in folders, which allows for organizing styles that include graphic elements or other additional files
- Bug fix: There was a minor error with the side alternation if the first pull-quote had a side specified
- More under-the-hood code fixes and optimizations.
1.5.2 (6 April 2007)
- Added “Style Preview” button in options panel
1.5.1 (29 March 2007)
- Added ability to embed pull-quote design into a WordPress theme
- Now uses
_e() function on Options screen to allow for translations
- Minor cosmetic changes to Options screen
1.5 (19 March 2007)
- Added drop down menu so user can select a style for the pull-quotes
- New "Modern" style
- Fixed "pull-quote" button in HTML post editor (not sure when this broke!)
- Bug fixes and code improvements
1.4 (20 February 2007)
- Added user-specified sides for particular pull-quotes.
- Laid groundwork for planned text-modification options
p> option for containing object — conflicted with formatting
* Disabled button in rich-text post editor, as it is broken in WP 2.1. Hopefully fixed with changes scheduled for WP 2.2
* A large number of under-the-hood improvements and optimizations
1.3 (20 November 2006)
- Added "Advanced" options that allow user to specify HTML and CSS for pull-quotes
- Rolled Beta WYSIWYG button into main plugin as an option
- Fixed bug in "skip empty pull-quotes" code
- Many under-the-hood code changes, including stability improvements and code reorganization that will make further updates easier
1.3b1 (11 November 2006)
- Added button to rich-text edit page.
- Reduced risk of function name conflicts with other plugins.
1.2.2 (1 hour later)
- Added a link to edit the CSS file that controls the appearance of the pull-quotes
- Cleaned up the Options panel a bit.
1.2.1 (November 3, 2006)
- Bug Fix: Switched to a CSS selector that is far less likely to be already in use by a user's stylesheet.
- Bug Fix: Empty spans do nothing rather than creating an empty pull-quote. This allows for Safari bug work-around (and when Apple fixes the bug, no changes should be needed for Safari to work fully).
1.2 (October 26, 2006)
- Added option to choose default side on which to display pull-quote
1.1 (October 20, 2006)