** Note to previous users of 1.0: ** This is essentially a new plugin. The old chat badge can be added to your sidebar by copy and pasting google’s badge code into a normal text widget.
Using Google Talk, you can now simulate a professional live chat system on your website! This plugin allows further flexibility over Google Talk by allowing customizeable online/offline status badges, as well as wrapping the chat window in a smooth overlay effect, avoiding the need for ugly popups.
New features in 2.0:
- Multi-account fallback (when one goes offline, another available account will be used).
- Google Talk client is wrapped in a overlay widget.
- AJAX online status checking – visitors don’t need to refresh the page when you come back online.
- Customizeable online and offline icons
- Customizeable link for offline clicks (e.g. your contact form)
- Template tag and shortcode available
- Online status caching for higher traffic volumes.
- Google Talk http://talk.google.com/
- Google Talk Chatback http://www.google.com/talk/service/badge/New
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use WordPress ‘Widgets’ menu to add new widget onto the website
Q: Will the entire thing work with Google Apps for Domain
A: If you can create a badge here (http://www.google.com/talk/service/badge/New) then yes.
Q: Im testing
Need signup for gmail for use this plugin?
A: You don’t need “gmail” but you do need a google account to receive messages from visitors. You donít need as a visitor.
Q: Is this one with one chat or it can be many ppl inside one chat?
A: This instant messaging chat is one visitor and the one who hosts website (talkback badge owner). If there are 2+ visitors, the chat owner sees independent windows for every visitor, so vistors cant see each other.
Q: Is there any way for you to see who contacts you?
A: No, visitors are totally anonymous in the chat
Chatwing provides an excellent Free chatroom and shoutbox for any website or blog. It takes a moment to implement and has numerous features.
Chatwing does not require a wordpress plugin it is very simple to use.