In September 2012, Google announced “news_keywords” meta tag which is intended to help Google News to properly classify content and make it more discoverable for users.
This plugin picks your posts’ tags and uses them to generate “news_keywords” meta tag. No need to set up anything, it’s all done automatically. If a post has no tags Google News Keywords meta tag will not be displayed. You can use up to ten Google News keywords, so don’t go too tag happy.
Read more about Google News Keywords meta tag here:
- How to Add Google News Keywords to WordPress Posts
- Google Announces A Meta Keywords Tag Just For News Articles
- Announcement post at Google News Blog
Banner image – http://www.fotopedia.com/items/flickr-2054107736
- Will this benefit every site?
No, your site needs to be submitted to Google News first – http://support.google.com/news/publisher/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=40787
- Minor security fix.
- The first version of the plugin.