Guest codes are not case sensitive.
- Using a Google account, create a new Spreadsheet at docs.google.com
- The spreadsheet must have the following 7 headers: Guest Name, Code, Custom Message for Guest, Ceremony, Banquet, Message from Guest, Hotel
- Fill in the guestlist with names, codes, and an optional custom message. Make sure the code is not guessable, for example: short numeric codes are probably a bad idea. A nosy guest might punch in random numbers and see guest information.
- Download, unzip, upload, and activate your plugin.
- In your WordPress site, go to "Settings->Google Docs RSVP" and follow the step-by-step instructions on the page, and fill in the other information (Google Docs title and sheet, etc.).
- Create a new wordpress Page and put the text: gdrsvp-googledocsrsvp in the content box. The plugin will replace it with the RSVP code.
- Now, guests can type in a code and fill out the reservation form, which will send an email to you and update the spreadsheet. Note: Once guests have filled out the form, their RSVP code is no longer usable.
Thank you! Good luck with your planning efforts. Remember to allow guests to contact you in other ways in case of digital emergencies.
We look forward to any comments. If there is a good response, we may incorporate your suggestions into the next version.
This code is released under GPLv3. If you create a new version of this plugin, let us know and we may link to it.