This Google Analytics for WordPress plugin enables you to track your site using the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows you to view key Google Analytics stats in your WordPress install.
In addition to a set of general Google Analytics stats, in-depth Page reports and in-depth Post reports allow further segmentation of your analytics data, providing performance details for each post or page from your website.
The Google Analytics tracking code is fully customizable through options and hooks, allowing advanced data collection using custom dimensions and events.
= Google Analytics Real-Time Stats=
Google Analytics reports, in real-time, in your dashboard screen:
- Real-time number of visitors
- Real-time acquisition channels
- Real-time traffic sources details
Google Analytics Reports
The Google Analytics reports you need, on your dashboard, in your All Posts and All Pages screens, and on site’s frontend:
- Sessions, organic searches, page views, bounce rate analytics stats
- Locations, pages, referrers, keywords, 404 errors analytics stats
- Traffic channels, social networks, traffic mediums, search engines analytics reports
- Device categories, browsers, operating systems, screen resolutions, mobile brands analytics reports
- User access control over analytics reports
Google Analytics Basic Tracking
Installs the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows full code customization:
- Switch between Universal Google Analytics and Classic Google Analytics code
- IP address anonymization
- Enhanced link attribution
- Remarketing, demographics and interests tracking
- Google AdSense linking
- Page Speed sampling rate control
- Cross domain tracking
- Exclude user roles from tracking
Google Analytics Event Tracking
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP enables you to easily track events like:
- Outbound links
- Affiliate links
- Fragment identifiers
Google Analytics Custom Dimensions
With Google Analytics Dashboard for WP you can use custom dimensions to track:
- Publication year
- Publication month
- User engagement
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP on Multisite
This plugin is fully compatible with multisite network installs, allowing three setup modes:
- Mode 1: network activated using multiple Google Analytics accounts
- Mode 2: network activated using a single Google Analytics account
- Mode 3: network deactivated using multiple Google Analytics accounts
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP on GitHub
You can submit feature requests or bugs on Google Analytics Dashboard for WP repository.
- Homepage of Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
- Other WordPress Plugins by same author
- Google Analytics | Partners Gallery
You can translate Google Analytics Dashboard for WP on translate.wordpress.org.
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP it’s released under the GPLv2, you can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial website.
- Do I have to insert the Google Analytics tracking code manually?
No, once the plugin is authorized and a default domain is selected the Google Analytics tracking code is automatically inserted in all webpages.
- Some settings are missing in the video tutorial
We are constantly improving Google Analytics Dashboard for WP, sometimes the video tutorial may be a little outdated.
- How can I suggest a new feature, contribute or report a bug?
You can submit pull requests, feature requests and bug reports on our GitHub repository.
- Documentation, Tutorials and FAQ
For documentation, tutorials, FAQ and videos check out: Google Analytics Dashboard for WP documentation.
- switching sampling level to higher precision to increase the accuracy of reports
- enable anonymization for all hits instead of single hits to avoid false-positives from IP Anonymization checking tools
- introducing average time on page, average page load time, average exit rate, and average session duration metrics
- Bug Fixes:
- use Google Maps API key only if available
- fixes gadwp_sites_limit filter
- introducing the gadwp_curl_options filter to allow changes on CURL options for the Google_IO_Curl class, props by Alexandre Simard
- Bug Fixes:
- correction of some files with mixed endings, props by Edward Dekker
- only load the necessary resources for frontend widget
- always load analytics.js over SSL
- gadwp_backenditem_uri filter passes post ID as an additional variable
- option to use a Google Maps API key for the Locations report
- New Features:
- a new year-month dimension is now available, to allow further segmentation of the most successful publication years, by month; props by Antoine Girard
- a new 404 Errors report designed to analyze and easily identify the source of 404 errors
- Bug Fixes:
- switch to get_sites() while maintaining compatibility with older WP installs
- fix for multisite installs, Properties/Views Settings list was not properly displayed on PHP7
- prevent autoloading of reports’ cache entries; props by Alex Bradaric
The full changelog is available here.