This is a wordpress plugin that displays a photo slide show as a sidebar widget or in lined in your posts using a shortcode. The plugin uses Media RSS as a source and Google AJAX Feed API Slide Show.
You can easily display a slide show from photo feeds from all popular sites, such as Expono, PhotoBucket, Flickr, and Picasa Web Albums.
Don’t forget to set the height and width or make sure the classname has a height or width, if you don’t it won’t work.
[mj-google-slideshow feed_url=”http://www.expono.com/go/rss” width=”300″ height=”300″ /]
- feed_url = URL to the feed
- display_time = value in ms, default 2000
- transition_time = value in ms, default 600
- scale_images = boolean value, default true
- maintain_aspect = boolean value, default true
- pause_hover = pause slide show when mouse is hovering (boolean), default true
- full_control_panel = boolean value, default false
- full_control_panel_small = boolean value, default false
- link_target = If images are linked to its source, accepted values (false, google.feeds.LINK_TARGET_SELF, google.feeds.LINK_TARGET_BLANK, google.feeds.LINK_TARGET_PARENT, google.feeds.LINK_TARGET_TOP) default false
- thumbnail_size = Thumbnail size to use, this only works on feeds that expose different sizes. Accepted values (GFslideShow.THUMBNAILS_LARGE, GFslideShow.THUMBNAILS_MEDIUM, GFslideShow.THUMBNAILS_SMALL) default GFslideShow.THUMBNAILS_LARGE
- num_results = Number of images to display
- classname = class name for the surrounding html container
- width = slide show width in pixels
- height = slide show height in pixels
Boolean types accepts values (1, on, true) everything else is evaluated as false.
- Download the installation zip file and unzip leaving the directory structure in tact.
- Upload the newly unzipped ‘google-ajax-slideshow’ folder to the
- Activate the Google AJAX Feed Slide Show Widget plugin from the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Add the widget to your sidebar from the ‘Widgets’ design page or enter the shortcode [mj-google-slideshow feed_url=”” /] in your post.
For any questions, comments or suggestions regarding the plugin please visit http://www.martinj.net
Contributors & Developers
“Google AJAX Feed Slide Show Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed bug with thumbnail_size that occurred when upgrading and existing defaults was old.
- Added thumbnail_size option (Set image size)
- Added num_results option (Number of images to display)
- Fixed bug on feed url, some urls needs to be decoded, eg. Flickr
- Added shortcode mj-google-slideshow
- Added option to add html before and after
- First release