Use Gold Price plugin to display latest prices of Gold, Platinum, Silver and Palladium in various currencies. The prices are auto updated every 15 minutes Monday-Friday. It’s easy to use, easy to customise, and stylish. Add to any page, post or widget using shortcode
- Show live price for Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium – or any combination of those.
- Live prices updated every 2 mins
- Choose currency
- Can do grams or ounces
- Simple, light-weight, and looks good!
- Easy to customise with CSS
- Works in all major browsers – I9+, Opera, Safari, Firefox, Chrome
- Click here for out-of-the-box demo
- Upload the
gold-pricefolder to the
- Activate the Gold Price plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the
Gold Pricetab that appears in your admin menu.
- Add to any page using shortcode
- My prices read 0.00 please help!?
First, check the demo at http://demo.enigmaweb.com.au/gold-price/ Does it work?
If no, (demo site also shows zeros) then there’s something wrong with the feed… Open a support ticket to notify me and I’ll fix it.
If yes (the demo site is working correctly) then it shows the plugin is working fine, feeds are fine, and it’s something on your site or server environment preventing access to the feed. Follow standard WordPress troubleshooting steps to try to identify the error.
- How can I use this in a widget?
Just place the shortcode into a text widget. If that doesn’t work (it just renders [gold-price] in text) then that means your theme isn’t ‘widgetized’ which you can fix easily by adding 1 tiny piece of code to your theme functions.php:
Add this code above to fuctions.php between the tags. A good place would be either at the very top or the very bottom of the file. Once you’ve done this you should be able to use shortcode in widgets now.
- Why does it not update the price over the weekend?
The markets are closed on weekends and public holidays, so the prices will stay the same untill the market opens again and the feeds are updated.
- How accurate is the price data? Where is the data coming from?
This plugin pulls XML data feeds from dgcsc.org The price data is surprisingly accurate although obviously we offer no guarantee. Remember “live market prices” can be extremely volatile, meaning prices can change very rapidly over a short period of time. For example, the gold price may spike up 5 dollars, then return to where it was in a matter of seconds. Our feed is only updated every 15 mins, so if there’s a sudden change in price or a spike then that move could be missed completely. Likewise the price may be fetched right at the top of the spike. So keep in mind that what you’re seeing is a “snapshot” of the price at a particular instant in time.
- How can I customise the design?
You can do some basic presentation adjustments via Gold Price > Settings. Beyond this, you can completely customise the design in the custom CSS box
- Where can I get support for this plugin?
If you’ve tried all the obvious stuff and it’s still not working please request support via the forum.
It was perfect for a long time, but apparently stopped working a while back. I see that it has been updated, but there are unanswered requests about zero prices on the forum.
I’ll be glad to return this to 5 stars when it’s resolved.
Problem is old still not fixed
Gold Price could not be easier to use! You can get Gold, Platinum, and Silver price updates every 2 min.
This is a wonderful plug-in, it works just fine out of the box, or you can customize it really quickly with CSS.
Good plugin. It is easy to use and it looks nice. I had to do a small bit of css to make it fit in my widget but that all worked easily. Thank you.
Contributors & Developers
“Gold Price” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updated feed URL filepaths to https
- Added support for more currencies
- Updated feed data source and schedule
- Minor aesthetic tweaks
- Bug fix – changed settings group name to avoid conflicts with other plugins
- Initial release