Getingate’s Write on! is a FREE tool for web comments and discussions.
With Write on! users can easily comment and receive feedback, while connecting websites and commenters across a thriving discussion community.
The tool connects the website to Social networks and promote it via viral marketing while it imports useful tools from the
social network to the website allowing the users to stay longer and contribute more contents.
Write on! for WordPress plugin seamlessly integrates using the Getingate API and by replacing WordPress comments.
Write on! for WordPress
- Uses the Getingate API
- Comments indexable by search engines (SEO-friendly) and increase the website ranking
= Write on! Features=
- Write on! imports Facebook Features onto your website
- Threaded comments and replies
- Notifications and reply by email for Admin
- Aggregated comments and social mentions
- Powerful moderation and admin tools
- Full spam filtering, blacklists and whitelists
- No spam comments!
- Connected with a large discussion community
- Increased exposure via social networks.
- Completely FREE.
NOTE: It is recommended that you backup your database before installing the plugin.
- Unpack archive to this archive to the ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory inside of WordPress
- Maintain the directory structure of the archive (all extracted files should exist in ‘wp-content/plugins/getingate-comment-system/’
Rename the file comments.php in ‘wp-content/themes/blog/’ to comments_old.php (The image in the file: wordpress_file_to_replace will help you navigate to the appropriate directory).
Copy the file comments.php from ‘wp-content/plugins/getingate-comment-system/’ into ‘wp-content/themes/blog/’.
Check your website to see that the commenting tool appeared (it should look like the image in file: getingate_in_wordpress).
Now, obtain your own code by register your website at http://www.getingate.com/Home.aspx (click on SiteRegistration) to see a form and a guide tour.
At the end of the registration the system will generate a code for you. Look for this line: loadComments with a code in parenthesis [for example:(loadComments(50)]. Copy this code into the line file comments.php where it says loadComments(15) [so it would be: loadComments(50)].
You are done!
Contributors & Developers
“Getingate Social Web Comment System” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- No changes since the previous version.