This plugin adds the ability to put a shortcode tag in any static page or post and have it display the latest tweets for a particular twitter user.
It generates markup like this, which you can style as desired:
<ul class='tweets'> <li>@<a class='atreply' href='http://twitter.com/jane'>jane</a> Please dance a jig. <span class='date'><a href='http://twitter.com/me/status/2345'>3 hours ago</a></span></li> <li>Anyone used TotalFinder? <a href='http://t.co/blah'>http://t.co/blah</a> Saw it on @<a class='atreply' href='http://twitter.com/bob'>bob</a>'s machine and am intrigued. <span class='date'><a href='http://twitter.com/me/status/1234'>6 hours ago</a></span></li> </ul>
- Upload the plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and unzip it.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Create ‘wp-content/cache/latest_tweets/’ and make sure it is writable by the web server.
- Put your Twitter credentials in twitter.api.keys.json. Make sure this file is not world-readable. You can get these from https://dev.twitter.com/apps
[get_latest_tweets username="somename"]in your pages.
thanks for this great plugin. I just updated to the latest version… and now the german special characters like ä ü ö don’t show up any more. Is there a simple solution for that?
Contributors & Developers
“Get Latest Tweets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- More WordPress VIP coding standards
- refactored in to class
- when JSON contains an error, output it
- updated “tested up to” to 4.3.1
- WordPress VIP coding standards; updated “tested up to” to 4.1
- “Tested up to” updated to 3.9.1
- Now uses version 1.1 of the Twitter API — requires Twitter API credentials
- Fix “Tested up to” and make sure version numbers sync up
- Updated for new twitter API (thanks, @byjuhohn)
- Fixed tweet permalinks (credit: Wouter den Boer)
- Initial release.