This plugin allows to show the location of your photos on map, if they were geotagged (i.e., they contain an EXIF tag with the geocoordinates).
Through a shortcode you can insert zoomable maps in your posts grouping your pictures in categories and tags (it enables taxonomies for media on activation).
It uses the OpenLayers JS Library to render the points in a OpenStreetMap. Clicking on the points will show a popup with a thumbnail. Clicking in it will open the ‘Edit Image’ for that particular photo
Besides the maps, it adds a ‘metadata’ column to the Media Listing table with the coordinates and the camera which took the photo. In the ‘Edit Media’ and ‘Attachment Details’ views adds fields with the coordinates and camera metadata values.
It allows that your media files (photos) are automatically named using reverse geocoding during the upload to WordPress.
- Seven source Maps:
- Two or more maps in the same HTML stream does not work properly (need to replace HTML id’s with classes)
- The providers maps keys should stay on server and not be send to the client
Geomark manually must be done in a modal overlay instead of a new page (done for media list view)
Add an overlay icon to each photo in media library in grid mode
- Filter on Media Library by if have metadata fields for camera or geolocation (partially done, not using camera)
- Use Leaflet Map Visualization Library on mobile devices instead of OpenLayers (being used in Edit Media Details page)
Use of GoogleMaps without the use of their specific API is a violation of its terms of service. If you want to use Google, use the HTML Widgets or a plugin like that support it. If you use Google with this plugin, you must register a Google Cloud project and enable the use of its API. The servie is paid. If you don’t use this, be warned that you may be blocked by Google. You have been warned. ↩︎
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/pluginsdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- A new entry in the sidebard menu called ‘Geotagged media’ will apear. By now, this plugin is not configurable.
- What is a geotag ?
The geotag is a small piece of information that stores the geographical coordinates (latitude, longitude) or camera model, which are stored into the image file, normally by the device that has GPS capabilities which created the image (your mobile phone or tablet). It can be accessed and read by any software and be edited with it. This plugin is able to access it and modify it, and delete it. More Information here
- What is the shortcode ?
The shortcode is [gtm_map] and its arguments are:
category– can accept the name in which you sort your media into, case you want two maps for each media category, specify one here, if not, a dropdown with all and the further category names will be drawn, allowing to se the media geotag locations individually
sources– if you don’t use this argument, it has the same effect if you have written
source=all, it will show all the source map available in radio buttons, in alternative, you can specify one or more sources separated by commas like in this way:
The four arguments below accept a
false) value. if you DON’T specify it, it has the same has if you have written the respective argument with the value of
with_source_maps_selector– draw the radio buttons allowing to select the desire the map source, one at a time –
with_thumbnail_checkbox– show the checkbox to show the thumbnails close to the geotag mark
with_categories_filter– draw a dropdown allowing to select one category at a time
with_tip_info– show a tip explaining how to deal with the map
- My photos from my camera are surely geotagged, why they don’t appear as such in WordPress ?
The plugin is ready to read those EXIF tags when you upload new photos. Automatically assigns titles acording to the location found in the tags.
By default and for privacy reasons, WordPress strips away EXIF tags containing the location metadata, but this plugin already circumvents it so it captures the tags and stores it as a media object metadata.
- Why Google Maps is not included in the Map Tiles Source ?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Geotagged Media” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Geotagged Media” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Implemented categories and tags for Media
- Implemented filter by category or tag
- Shortcode now allows to filter geo tagged media on a map to category or tag
- Edit the media metadata in “edit media details” view
- Media library list mode, filter images with or without geotag
- Store the geotags directly in the image file as EXIF tags
- Using leafletJS for the map in the Edit Media Details view
- Besides OSM, more four map sources are available: BingMaps, ESRI, TileWMS, ThunderForest
- Hability to rename photos directly when uploading them using reverse geocoding
- Feature that show OS Map with the geotagged photos using shortcode
- Removed dependency from the plugin Exifography
- Some minor corrections
- Updated README
- First released version in wordpress.org
- First version